Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Uncle Dave's Sugar Coated Brisket

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Uncle Dave's Sugar Coated Brisket recipe calls for several stages of cooking a 3 - 5 LB Brisket, at different temperatures. I want to cook a 10.5 LB Brisket using this recipe (see URL, below) http://www.nakedwhiz.com/recipes08152002.pdf [p]Question: With a larger cut of Brisket, do I simply double the recommended cooking time in the recipe for a 5 LB brisket? Since Uncle Dave's recipe calls for different cooking times depending on the particular stage, is it fair to simple doulbe the time in each stage? In effect, this would double the cooking time for the larger piece of meat. [p]I appreciate any help on this. I am cooking this Brisket for our family's Christmas meal...and, I don't want to screw it up! Thanks

Comments

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    M. Mitchell,
    Not sure what times Uncle Dave recommends, but you are probably looking at somewhere around 15-18 hours at 250 dome. You might want to allow 20 just in case. You don't want a bunch of grumpy people waiting for a late dinner.[p]Wrapped in foil and a warm cooler you can hold it for several hours if you are done early. If you will be "holding" it for a while, pull it off as soon as it is tender and passes your fork test. Usually happens between 185 and 195 internal for me.[p]HTH! Beers to you
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • Nature Boy, thanks! Have a great Holiday Season!