Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Your first vote.

Options
Old Salt
Old Salt Posts: 357
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
When was the first time you voted? If you want to say or not who you voted for. This is up to you.

Mine was in 1952 and I voted for Eisenhower. We were in Oakland, Ca waiting to ship out during the Korean War.

Comments

• James Madison. I was just drafted to start my new career that chilly March morning and I remember walking five miles, up hill (both ways) in knee deep snow to cast my ballet.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    Ross Perot

the first time

and the second time

oh well i have NEVER voted for either one of the 2 parties for pres

and proabably won't

i will not respond to anything further on this subject B)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• lowercasebill
    Options
    i cannot remember but if i might editorialize for a minute..
    as judge of elections when i was accused of partisanship, this was my reply

"i took this job, that i did not seek, because i never served in the military and this is my chance to serve, to run a clean and equal election, my father got shot in the battle of the bulge, my uncles all went to war and thousands have died in order that we may vote with a secret ballot, i am here because of their sacrifice , not politics. if you so much as suggest any unfairness on my part again............

please vote , it honors the sacrifice of millions .
    bill
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    Reagan Reelection. I had just turned 18.
  • I suggest, being a software engineer, and knowing something of the nature of the beast... that voting without a paper trail and relying on software only with no hardcopy checks and balances is egregious and an insult to anyone having served.

My I also suggest that running a business (as I do) and payintg taxes (as I do) is also doing service for the contry.

I'd also like to hear what came after the "...."

"if you so much as suggest any unfairness on my
    part again..........."

You'd what? Kick someone's ass? Whatever happened to free speech or questioning authority... or was THAT only for the founding fathers and revolutionaries?
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    as local judge i have no control over voting machines however ours have a paper tally as well

i own a buisness as well and know full well about the taxes on small business owners

free speech is one thing . publically accusing an election official of playing politics [i.e deriliction of duty, fraudulent behavior] has legal consequences..the rest of it is "file a complaint [on this form ] or shut up... as an aside she was a lawyer and by the end of the day she thanked me for a well run election the best she had ever seen.
  • FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    Options
    Ronald Reagan for his re-election. I liked him so much, I named my daughter after him! Democrat or republican, if you ever get a chance to see his presidential library, do it...it's really interesting.

fc
  • Aledo Green Dreggon
    Options
    I find it interesting how the election went a few years ago based on the paper trail. Deciding intent based on dimpled chads.
  • Jeffersonian
    Options
    I was eligible in 1980...voted for the Gipper.