Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some'en:Garlic cedar plank salmon

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Adapted this recipe that the wife has been after me for two weeks to make from the show "Big guy bites".

2 tablespoons oil
2 jalapenos, cut into rings
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1/2 cup white wine
3 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
1 cup apricot preserves

4 (4 by 4-inch) pieces parchment paper

4 cedar plank pieces, food service quality
4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets, skinned and boned
2 teaspoons sea salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 (3-inch) fresh rosemary sprigs
1 lemon, zested

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a small saute pan over medium heat, heat oil. When hot, add jalapenos and saute until caramelized. Add garlic, and before it begins to brown, deglaze with white wine. Next add mustard and apricot preserves and bring to a simmer. Simmer over low heat for 20 minutes and let completely cool.

Place parchment paper on planks, add salmon, lightly salt and pepper, place a rosemary sprig on each fillet, and liberally apply cooled apricot mixture.

Place cedar plank on gas burner. When plank has begun to smoke, place into preheated oven.

Cook salmon until medium-rare; remove from oven and let sit for 2 to 3 minutes until serving. Garnish with lemon zest.

The best salmon I have done yet. Moist and just the right spice/sweet. If you like fish on the Egg I highly recomend. Made my sause in the Le Cresuit at about 400 degrees.
MIDSEPT001-1.jpg

MIDSEPT002-3.jpg

MIDSEPT005-1.jpg

Fish planked and cooked at 400 till "weeping" good
MIDSEPT008.jpg

A little garlic/cheese bread
MIDSEPT007-1.jpg
MIDSEPT009.jpg

And Jake approved! ;)
MIDSEPT010-1.jpg

MIDSEPT011-1.jpg

Comments