Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Eggwegofest memories.....

Options
Clay Q
Clay Q Posts: 4,486
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Splashed landed at my cousins place down here close to the Illinois River after Eggwegofest and I'm still drying out. But the cooking and drinking continues under the cover of a back porch awning with my new egg and I'm feeling good. While sippin a martini I'm thinkin of ALL the Eggheads I met at my first eggfest and the FUN we had cooking and sharing fantastic egged food. Special thanks to Nancy for making it all possible. :cheer: We will be back next year.

Cousin wants me to cook some of that pig candy I made at Eggwegofest,... ok can do. Made beer brats today and they were delish with a little horseraddish mustard. Under tomorrows clear and sunny weather I'll fire up my new egg for breakfast pig candy with buttermilk pancakes. Lunch will be Hodag cookies (gotta make them again, they were gobbled up at the fest) followed by a rib cook.....then at 5 o'clock, martini's. B) Dinner will be ready around 7 with the ribs, no foil method. Hooooweeee, the egg will be running just about all day. Breaking-in a new egg is a lota work, let me tell ya. :P ....but I love it. ;)

In the mean time...the Fox River not far from Eggwegofest crested at 21.55 feet. The Illinois River by us is about to crest at 33 feet, about a foot above the record crest. We see just the roof tops of buildings above the swirling rush. The hydroelectric plant was shut down, the buildings street level being flooded. Kinda scary. Hope all affected will stay safe.

Comments

• AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    Was a pleasure meeting you, here is a shot of you and Jim Nufer. -RP

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb260/kjbprice/Eggweego08/P1020754Small.jpg
  • AZRP
    Options
    Clay, glad you finally decided to come out of the closet after all these years of being a legendary Egghead. Now that you are exposed, you and the Mrs will have to make a showing in ATL. -RP
  • Bunda Buddy
    Options
    Was great meeting you and Diana at the meet & greet the night before EGGwego Fest. Enjoyed talking to Diana about Bayfield! Wish the weather had been better, but we take what mother nature gives us. Hope to see all of you next year and more new EGGheads!
  • Perennial Smoke
    Options
    It was great - wasn't it! Definitely the best party I've ever thrown. Eggheads are an amazing group of people. The weather was terrible - broke records for amount of rainfall - and not one negative comment. It is such a pleasure to be surrounded by such wonderful people.

The tents are still up, the field is still a muddy mess, the greenhouse still has eggs to be picked up. Rita and Judy (the wonderful women who ran the eggcessory greenhouse) are coming in today to help me and the sun is now shining. Life is good.

People have been thanking me, but I'd like to thank all that came. It wouldn't have been EGGwegoFest without you. See you in Atlanta or at the second annual EGGwegoFest....
    Nancy
  • Nancy, you and all your helpers did a great job at the eggfest under the worst conditions. thank you very much for hosting this event. we ( the morley brothers) met so many nice eggheads there. and have come home with a ton of new ideas.
    thank you again
    gary
    p.s. the check is in the mail
  • AZRP
    Options
    Nancy, I've been to a few fests and can tell you that yours was spectacular! No matter what mother nature could throw at us we still had a great time. See you in Atlanta. -RP