Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

9lbs of Pork Loin on Small!

Options
Iowa State Egger
Iowa State Egger Posts: 337
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We had a great tailgate last Saturday at the ISU vs Kent State game. The Clones came through with a victory, so life is good. I had an outing for my staff and ended up feeding about 20 people.

I started with a 9 lb loin:

RawPorkLoin.jpg

I cut it in fourths. I got a good smoke going:

Smoke1.jpg

SmokeClose.jpg

I am not sure what the best part of the above pictures is - the Smoke, the Egg or the Stadium in the background!

Picture of the loin on the Egg:

MeatonGrill.jpg

I made a homemade extender with an old grill I had laying around and of course those usefull BGE feet!

I cooked it at about 250, and it ended up cooking for about two hours. I pulled it at 145. I then sliced it:

Sliced.jpg

Put some cheese on it and put it back on the BGE just long enough to melt the cheese:

SlicedandCheesedonGrill.jpg

SlicedandCheesedonPlatter.jpg

Put it on a bun and added some BBQ sauce. I had no complaints!

Some of the people didn't understand why I was taking pictures of my meat. However, most people don't understand how awesome the BGE is!

This week we go to Iowa City to play the Chokeyes. I will be egging from home, no need to travel to that hell hole. GO CLONES.

Comments