Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sea Bass with Pineapple Salsa

Options
Seattle Todd
Seattle Todd Posts: 227
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
OK, C-W so a salsa's not exactly a 'relish' but I cain't stand them and I promised I'd post.[p]Finally figured I'd post a recipe. Still working on the bourbon tarragon cream sauce so I can't do that. And it'll probably never be right as the bourbon tends to spill from the saucepan to me mouth! But anyways ... this is relatively simple, quick and yummy! Ripe for customization and great on a nice Summer day. I know it's barely Spring but compared to what we're getting it's Summer dammit![p]Works equally good with Mahi Mahi, swordfish, shark or with any firm-fleshed fish fish (though I wouldn't recommend ahi)[p]Fish is simple, little olive oil is all ya need. Though sometimes I'll use soy, sesame oil with a bit of fresh ginger and garlic instead.[p]Salsa:[p]1/2 fresh pineapple (cored and skinned)
1 small to medium red onion
1 red bell pepper
1 orange or yellow bell pepper
1 green bell pepper (for color contrast mostly) (optional)
1+ jalapenos(somtimes use as much as 4 depending on the mood and beverages)
1 bunch fresh cilantro[p]Chop all ingredients up to desired consistency, add the jalapenos and cilantro at the end to taste for you and your loved ones. Cook the fish and serve.[p]Makes a lot of salsa so cook for a bunch or cut it down. Doesn't refrigerate that great but I haven't tried freezing.[p]Definately a lot of room to play around with here. Maybe a bit of fresh ginger or garlic. I'd make it this weekend but I have friends back from their place in Maui after 6 months (poor souls) and I've gone through the most grueling interview process this week of my life so Friday and Sunday are reserved to drinking and barbecueing *choke* with the friends. Saturday is ALL mine. Going to do my first INdirect babybacks whilst I sip some brewskis. Awful nice relaxation depending on the weather. Fortunately I can watch Humpty through the patio door should the weather be stereotypically Seattle.[p]

Comments

• Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Options
    Seattle Todd, just when we needed something gentle on our minds, you lay a smoothie like this on us..Gracias! I was eyeballing some of those sea fishes the other day..:-)
    C~W

• Seattle Todd
    Options
    Char-Woody,[p]Don't know how much they run there and I don't know if they're 'Chilean' but up in Seattle those buggers jumped from ~$8 to ~$16 a pound in the last three years! Still remember biting into my first taste. Very yummy![p]Now one day I'll have to post the recipe I have for (distinctly non-barbecue fare) whiskey crab soup. Only because I've yet to meet a soul that didn't say it was the best soup they'd ever had. Maybe next Holiday season.[p]Can't wait fer them ribs![p]Oh! That's a recipe I can post when I perfect it (and it's simple so it should be soon!) honey-soy rubbed babybacks. But I still need to try NB's and Cat's first.

• Frozen Chosen
    Options
    Seattle Todd, Glad to hear from a Seattle neighbor. We'll have to discuss restaurants sometime. I love chilean sea bass and swordfish. Unfortunately, both are not doing well; but apparently Pacific swords are still not horribly overfished. I will try your salsa. I have been mincing papaya, pears, fresh mint, 2-3 jalapenos, 1 lime juice, 1 oz balsamic vinegar, red onion, and one package of that pink sweetener (honey would work). Also found that 3/4 in. fillets cooked at 700-800F require about 2 minutes one side, and 1 1/2 minute the other. Now waiting for king salmon to start running, then Copper River reds.