Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

3:49 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and those far from the Gulf.

Another plumbing alert but I was only half-charging so it wasn't such a big deal. Took care of it. But as I was departing the facility maintenance department I realized that this may be the last 'normal' middle of the dark period plumbing adventure for some time. We've got this 'Ike' thing looming over us and creating so much anticipatory uncertainty that it is making me a Nervous-Narvus. But I'm not the only one. Millions of others don't yet know whether to stay or leave, board-up or close-up, hunker-down or hang-around. Meanwhile, Ike keeps getting larger, stronger and faster, with us in its crosshairs. How can a person re-charge under those conditions?

If we are 70 measuring units from landfall, Photobug is right where it will hit in Galveston. I suspect he has gassed up, loaded up and drove up and away from what will surely be a disaster come Monday when people start to return. That is if Ike stays on the same track as now. Depending on which 'computer model' you look at, it could still go just about anywhere. Or it could remain on the current track and suck even more strength out of the warm Gulf. No, this is not going to be a good place to be come late this afternoon and for days afterward. Even so, we will probably select as many treasured objects as possible, find a place for them inside and wrap ourselves in them. Or we might just load up and hit the highway.

Meanwhile, thanks to everyone who is wishing us well.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Everybody Hates Hurricanes But No One Is Doing Anything About Stopping Them" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Celtic Wolf
    Options
    Regardless of the computer model you need to make sure that the Texas Observation team is safe and sound.

Batten down the hatches and go visit someone in Dallas..

Looking forward to Mrs Wolf and the Hen cuttin' up in Atlanta, so you and her need to remain safe..
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Good luck to you, Judy and all in the path of Ike. This is not one to take chances with. Be safe, thoughts and prayers are with you.
  • Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    Hi Leroy,
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you don't get hit too bad. I feel terrible for any of the folks that have or are about to be hit by the storm.

When mother nature strikes there is nothing anyone can do. Even though I'm in AZ I come from earthquake country and they pretty much just happen with no notice.

Wishing you all the best.

Regards,
    Bordello
  • Mike in Abita
    Options
    Sounds like a good opportunity to go visit the Hen's sister in Metairie.

Which ever decision you make, be safe and take care. Remember you have a lot of people here who care about you and the Hen, present company included. If you need anything after this thing blows through, please let me know.

Mike "Concerned about the Chickens'" in Abita
  • An Egg Downunder
    Options
    We have been getting some very strange weather patterns downunder in recent years but nothing like what keeps sweeping across the Gulf of Mexico.

Whatever choice you make - stay or go - our best wishes are with you.
  • Beanie-Bean
    Options
    Yeah...the Ike reports seemed to fill the local news this morning, Mr. Leroy, and we're just a few miles up the road from you. There are a lot of Red Cross, FEMA, food bank, and evacuation sites already on standby here in the Austin area awaiting folks and their families.

I hope that we all fare well through this one...
  • Old Salt
    Options
    From looking at Ike's path it looks like the best path out of there is west. Up here we will still get the final lashings of the storm.
    Stay safe you guys and all in the area.