Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Small price to pay for little brother?

BamaBackdraftBamaBackdraft Posts: 318
edited 12:32PM in EggHead Forum
I have an option of buying a used, never cooked on BGE sm for $359. Want one to take camping. Looked at it today and need to get back with him ASAP. What do yall think? :huh:

Comments

• ric3677ric3677 Posts: 278
    It's not bad, but you won't have the warranty if anything goes wrong. You have to decide if that makes or breaks the sale. If you are close to the EGGFEST you may be able to pickup a slightly used one with the stand for the same amount.

Rick
  • ric3677ric3677 Posts: 278
    It's not bad, but you won't have the warranty if anything goes wrong. You have to decide if that makes or breaks the sale. If you are close to the EGGFEST you may be able to pickup a slightly used one with the stand for the same amount.

Rick
  • It was a trade in at a dealer.
  • egretegret Posts: 4,066
    Don't know where you live, but, my dealer in Hiawassee, GA sells them for less than that. That's not a bad price, though, even at that!
  • egretegret Posts: 4,066
    That's a good suggestion, especially since it's so close to October. He'll have to get registered pretty quick or have someone pick it up for him. It probably won't even have been used since most of us just cook on the larges, sometimes an XL.....
  • I just bought my small new at a dealer for $349. The nest was $50. Just FYI.
  • Thanks for the info. Any Eggfesters passing through Mobile, AL? :whistle:
  • GunnarGunnar Posts: 2,305
    What accessories come with it?
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Nothing but daisy wheel. Wanted $449 with nest.
  • PhilsGrillPhilsGrill Posts: 2,256
    Agree. New small $350 no nest, but includes, grill gripper, ash tool, DFMT, rain cap, starters, DVD and 20 lb bag o'lump.