Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

snatched from the brink of hell

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,898
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Here's a little story for newbies - cauz even seasoned eggers make mistakes - or at least I am one who will admit it 8^)
Anyway today while waiting for my large to get within range of locking on 250° it was only a sluggish 170° so I went to my workshop to work a few minutes. When I got back the dome had passed through 800 and was ripping! Panic? Nope...I just shut it down and spent no more than 20 minutes snuffing the flame and then letting the heat escape once flash back stage had passed. It took some finesse, but with the aid of the pecan chips that had been soaking I got that BGE down and locked on 250° where it has set for 2.5 hours now. Moral to the story? Don't walk away when you're sneaking up on a low temp, but the situation can be savaged just the same.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments