Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

All Right,All Right, Some Photo's

Options
Earl
Earl Posts: 468
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
basting.JPG
<p />Here are a few photo's for you folks that never made it.[p]
Earl[p]Mike, basting his vegie kebab''s

Comments

• Earl
    Options
    mike2.JPG
    <p />Earl,[p] Mike smoked up some ribs first & then on to the vegie sticks. I even got door to door to door delivery.
    Thanks Mike[p]Earl

• Earl
    Options
    chuck.JPG
    <p />Earl,
    Lots more folks, but the gentelman sitting down taking the picture. It is none other than our frequent poster Chuck & one friendly guy.[p]Cheers
    Earl

• Earl
    Options
    cordon-blue.JPG
    <p />Earl,[p] This is Y.B ( Larry ) rolling up a batch of Cordon Bleu chicken. Bring on more Larry, please.[p]Earl
  • Earl
    Options
    great-punkin.JPG
    <p />Earl,
    The Great Pumpkin by Rum & Jerk ( Michael French ) & his good friend Dan. It was stuffed with rice & sasuage. Sorry if i posted to soon Mike.[p]Earl

• Earl
    Options
    smoked-cheese.JPG
    <p />Earl,[p] This fellow was cold smoking cheese at around 90F, i do believe.[p]Earl
  • Earl
    Options
    cheese-setup.JPG
    <p />Earl,[p] This would be the set up that would enable the cold smoking to be done. I can not say if it work, but i would love to here from him, or others that tried the cheese.[p]Earl
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Earl,
    Thank you (on behalf of millions)[p]Spring Chicken

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Earl,
    what I just love are all those pixs of those BGEs with their pristine virgin white interiors...just think of how many wifes will be be holding that image in their minds when their "Homer" tries to tell them that "black is beautiful" etc etc etc LOL

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TRex
    TRex Posts: 2,714
    Options
    Earl,[p]I believe the cheese was cold smoked around 100 degrees. It was delicious. I believe Chuck is the one who told me I had to try it--maybe he will post a response here--I think he really liked the cheese, and may know more about how it was done.
  • Earl,
    Was it Motzarella, or what? Sounds great.

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    Earl, the cheese was great. It had a nice mild smokey taste. He told me he was smoking at around 100-110. The amazing thing to me was that he said he had been smoking all morning (for about three hours when I talked with him)with just that little bit of lump in the bottom.

• djm5x9
    djm5x9 Posts: 1,342
    Options
    Bill:[p]That is the way I smoke cheese. The only difference is that I have a pan of ice on the lower rack and place the cheese on an upper rack. Cold cheese absorbs smoke better plus keeps the cheese from sweating or melting if smoked on a warm day. The trick is having a small fire with plenty of chips mixed in for smoke coupled with well-controlled vents. A polder is great for monitoring low smoking temperatures. The Jack Daniels chips are great with cheddar cheese.
  • WooDoggies
    WooDoggies Posts: 2,390
    Options
    Wise One,[p]If you can remember his name, perhaps we can persuade him to post how he did it and what kind of wood he used to smoke. eh?[p]I'd like to try cold smoking some salmon that has been refrigerator cured in a salt/sugar/herb mix.
    I think Mop has done something similar... Mop, are you around?[p]Sorry I missed the fun and seeing y'all at the greenfest.
    Thanks for the photos.[p]WD[p][p]

• Earl,
    Thanks for the photos. The egg fest was great! I think they're gonna need more room next year though. Gonna fire up the large smoker I bought at the fest this Saturday. Not sure what I'm cooking yet.
    I do have a question for everyone. I got another ceramic lid when I got my new smoker and I still have one (new) from my med-egg. I use a daisy wheel for both. Is there any good use for the ceramic top since the daisy wheel is used instead?? Maybe to keep water out when not in use?
    Mike
    Mike

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Mike from Buford ,[p]Use it to snuff out the fire when you shut it down. It is a little tighter fit than the daisy and it also keeps out the rain as well.[p]Ashley
  • mike
    mike Posts: 152
    Options
    Thanks Ashley,[p]A little trick I saw them do at the Atl BGE store.
    If you have some of the felt leftover from resealing your egg or can get a piece, you can remove your daisy wheel and stick the remaining felt around the inside of the wheel collar to create a tighter air fit between the wheel collar and the collar of the BGE.
    Mike

• Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    Mike,[p]Oh yea, that works good for the fit around the collar, but the few times I've use the slide/daisy the fire still seems to burn when using that top while shut down. I rarely use one other than when it is raining and then I use a vent pipe with a pie pan bent over so the rain doesn't get in. Then just use the ceramic top to shut it down. A piece of felt on the inside of that top, not the sides will pretty much seal it as well.[p]Ashley

• Zip,
    The first daisy wheel I got back in '94 with my med had only one adjustment - 1 screw with a slide to open & close and it sealed really well. It was my first time using the new wheel at the cookoff Sat. It seemed with all of the adjustments on the new wheel, it didn't seal as tight.
    Part of the learning curve I guess. I'll continue to practice more on the big egg this weekend!!