Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Corn on the Cob. . .

Options
Washog
Washog Posts: 58
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'm cooking pork loin this evening and would like to grill some corn. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Soccer Guy
    Options
    Washog,[p]I usually do mine in foil with some butter and salt, 300°, about an hour.
  • Shelby
    Shelby Posts: 803
    Options
    Washog,
    Slowly peel back the outer husks till you get to the silks; remove the silk, leaving the husk on; rinse, dry then coat with butter, salt and pepper and pull the husks back up.
    I agree with cooking for a while but be sure to put at the edge of the grill and turn.

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    Washog,
    I do mine right in the husk..depending on how fresh it is I will soak it in the sink for about 30 minutes for the least fresh 5 to 10 minutes for fresh..cook at around 350° for 30 to 45 minutes then let rest for about 20 minutes preferably in a paper bag but not an absolute necessity..it will shuck as clean if not cleaner than doing before cooking..you will have next to NO silk left on the corn...just the way I prefer..the others suggestions are fine also..this is just the way I do it..good luck, it will be fine anyway you cook it..[p]Wess

• BYC
    BYC Posts: 358
    Options
    WessB,[p]Try soaking the corn in salt water using kosher salt. Just like the corn you buy on a Sunday at Stone Mountain.[p]
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    WessB,[p]I couldn't agree with you more. I find it funny when I throw corn on the grill in the husk and silk and folks say you gotta remove silk, add butter, ect.... They quickly change their tune after they see how it works. It's a shame more folks don't give this method a try. [p]AShley
  • WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    Options
    byc,
    Thanks..I`ll give that a try next time I cook some.[p]Wess

• KennyG
    KennyG Posts: 949
    Options
    Washog,[p]Here's one more method you should try at least once. It came from FoodTV network (Bobby Flay"mer", I think but not sure)[p]No need to soak in water. Snip off the loose hanging silk with kitchen shears and remove all but 2 or 3 layers of the husk. Don't laugh at me just yet![p]Cook them hot and fast at steak temps, rolling them every couple of minutes until the remaining husks are fully charred 6-8 minutes max. [p]When done right you should find that 15-20% of the kernels are also starting to char. This "brings out the natural sugars" and provides a whole new dimension in flavor.[p]I won't be able to go back to cooking corn any other way.[p]K~G