Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

beef boneless bottom round roast recipe requested

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hello everyone, I need help with a piece of meat, and thought that there would be no better place to get it than right here. My wife brought home a 3lb beef boneless bottom round roast the other night and I don't know how to cook it. I already have it marinated in italian dressing, gaarlic , onion, black pepper, and other stuff that I can,t remember. What temp should I take it off of aigburt? What about dome temps, and cooking times? It is about 3 inches thick at its biggest point. Direct,i'm assuming? Any pointers oor advice will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• rw,[p]This piece of meat is meant for braising like a pot roast. I know you have already seasoned it, but I am attaching a link that shows a roasting method for it. I would do it indirect on the egg maybe in a pan, follow the times and temps in the recipe and baste it with something of your choice a few times at least. I wouldn't do it direct. It's going to be too tough. Just my opinion, since no one else has offered any.

[ul][li]Cola Bottom Round Roast[/ul]
  • Zip
    Zip Posts: 372
    Options
    rw,[p]I would offer a little different advice than that below. The roast in my opinion would benfit from a direct sear, turning it to brown all sides as needed. Start with just a couple of handfuls of lump and get a small hot fire going to do the sear. I would then add additional lump to cool the fire and put in what ever you have to a indirect cook to help cool the cooker as well. Get the temp back up to about 275º and cook the roast to no higher than 130º, remove from egg, tent with foil and allow to rest for about 10-15 mintues. .Slice very thin and serve[p]The round like this is very, very lean so the 130º is very critical to have a edible piece of meat. If it needs to be less rare, finish cooking the individual slices in a pan on the stove with a little of the juice, or heat in microwave on a 40% power setting until desired doneness.[p]HTH, [p]AShley
  • Zip,and qperson, thank you for the responses. I don't know much about cooking, so any information is helpful.