Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stuff I cooked this weekend

Options
Buster Dog BBQ
Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
During the summer I only have the small at home as my other eggs are in the competition trailer. We usually limit it to burgers, steak, etc for quick weeknight cooks. Decided to do a few new things this weekend.

Flat Iron Steak And Shrooms. Flat Iron cooked at 500 for about 5 min each side and shrooms in a small cast iron skillet with butter. Wow. Flat Irons rock.

flatiron.jpg

Then decided to try some smoked bologna. Never done this before and after doing it would recommend. I scored the top and rubbed with EVOO and Dizzy Pig Course. 3 hours at 250 with hickory and cherry. I scored kind of deep and when we took it off I sliced the chunks and dipped in some Blues Hog Honey Mustard. Then in some Bob E Que sauce. t was pretty good so we cubed the rest and made it kind of like burnt ends and then a sandwich at the end.

bologna1.jpg

bologna2.jpg

bologna3.jpg

bologna4.jpg

bologna5.jpg

bologna6.jpg

Dogs were getting hungry so I threw on some biscuits based of a recipe from Mollyshark.

dogbiscutbefore.jpg

While the bologna was smoking I threw on two pounds of andouille sausage for some gumbo.

gumbo.jpg

Comments