Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Stubbs Wicked Chicken Wing Sauce

Options
Buster Dog BBQ
Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone ever used this? Just curious how it was. Saw it at the store and picked up to try.

Comments

• Suck Creek Wings
    Options
    It's really just a personal preference. When I do wings, I like to toss them in the bowl when I'm done. On thighs, legs, etc though I will generally baste during the cook and then use a minimum of sauce after they hit the plate.

If you baste the wings during the cook, they should take on enough of the sauce flavor that you don't need a lot after the fact, but again it's just a personal preference.

SCW
  • Gunnar
    Gunnar Posts: 2,307
    Options
    I like tossing the wings in the bowl with sauce and letting them cook the last 10 minutes. If I don't think they're hot enough, I'll toss them with a little more sauce when I take them off the grill.
    LBGE      Katy (Houston) TX
  • Essex County
    Options
    I haven't tried this but have liked every other Stubbs sauce I've tried. But the best wing sauce I've found is from a little place in Tennessee. You may recognize the name but the guy is pretty quiet about his product when he posts. I've still got one bottle left from an order I made over a year ago. Glad you brought up the topic of wings. I think I'll use my last bottle tonight and go back for more.

Paul
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Options
    Have had that before. Good stuff.
  • Smokey Chuck
    Options
    SCW sauce is the best that I have come across. Grill the wings them dump the wings in the sauce. Just get the sauce lukewarm and they stick to the wings better.