Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

baby back's on the XL

Options
MeatosBanditos
MeatosBanditos Posts: 259
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cooked some baby back's on Saturday. I received some Blue's Hog on Friday afternoon to my delight. That stuff is great!

I did the Carwash Mike method on the ribs, used some yellow mustard, followed by dry rub. Then I put on some brown sugar and another layer of rub. For the rub I used some Famous Dave's Rib Rub. It tasted great without the sauce too.

Total the cook time was just under 5 hours.

Here are some pic's.

Sprayin' them down.
_MG_1051.jpg

Brushing on the Blue's Hog.
_MG_1076.jpg

Been smoking with sauce for about 20 minutes now. Ready to come off...
_MG_1080.jpg

The feast. My dad's been asking me to cook ribs for a couple months and when he came down this time I had some to make. Here's dinner, the veggies hadn't made it on table yet. The grilled pineapple (in the back) was really tasty. It's got a glaze of cinnamon, EVOO, cloves, lime juice, and honey. I can post the recipe if anyone is interested.
_MG_1099.jpg

Hope everyone had a great weekend. It was perfect weather up here in South East Minnesota.

-John

Comments