Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

all night butt smoke

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
hello everyone. Last night at 6:30 I put on a 7lb1oz boston butt. I went to bed at 9:00, the temp was at 225. I got up at 12:30 to check things out and the temp was at 280. I hope this did not hurt the beautiful chunk of meat. I was freaking out. I closed both top and bottom vents approximatly 1/8 of an inch, got up at 4:00, and the temp was at 235, where it has been every since. I thought that I needed to cook it at 225, and I am trying to slowly bring the temp down to this. This is the second all nighter that I have done, and the last one turned out intensley good. I hope the same for this one.Does anyone know an address from which I can buy a polder? How much do they cost? I have not opened the lid yet, and don't plan to for a while, but will eventualy have to in order to check temp. Thank you for any comments or advice.

Comments