Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Wings, E-Z Life and Jack Daniels

Options
Marvin
Marvin Posts: 515
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I post this because I think these were the best wings ever. I powdered - liberally - a mess of wings with E-Z Life rub (from Ken Stone) about 4 hours before placing them on a raised grill over a drip pan. Prior to placing them on the grill, the fire was started, and a generous large handful of Jack Daniel's oak-soaked chips was added and mixed in with the lump. The initial temp was 150 and rose slowly over 30 minutes to 400 where it remained for about 45 more minutes. The wings were crispy, moist, savory, delicious. I usually add Anchor bar sauce (I live under the influence of Buffalo), but none was needed or used. Give it a try folks; these really were better than any bars' wings in this neighborhood. Unfirtunately they were eaten as the Bills lost, but Tiger did his duty on the golf course.

Comments