Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mr. Toad's Pork Loin

Options
QBabe
QBabe Posts: 2,275
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
We're going to do Mr. Toad's Pork Loin for our anniversary dinner tomorrow night. Any idea how long it will take for a 5 lb loin? How many hours per pound do you estimate for pork loin? Just trying to figure out the timing for the side dishes....[p]QBabe
:-)[p]

Comments

• Bordello
    Bordello Posts: 5,926
    Options
    QBabe,
    Can't help you on time but if I were to do it over again I would take the cashews (that is what I used and they were whole) and crush or chop them.[p]Good luck,
    New Bob

• ravnhaus
    Options
    QBabe,
    Here is a link to my experience with the loin.
    About an hour and a half or so.
    140° internal = done

[ul][li] blackberry pork loin[/ul]
  • BobbyG
    Options
    QBabe,
    I know that I'm late here. So how did you Pork Loin turn out? I also did one this weekend. It was terrific but I used a little too much smoke. I used an extra large handfull of pecan chips and should have only used a palm full. I followed New Bob's advice and crushed my cashews. My wife is not the biggest fan of rasberrys, so we used a Maple syrup/chipolte sauce.
    see ya, BobbyG

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    BobbyG,
    Just a thought. If your smoke flavor was too heavy, you might consider letting the smoke thin a bit first. Especially with a lean loin like that. I don't even put a butt into the thick smoke I get right after adding the wood.[p]Do you have a recipe for the Maple syrup/chipotle sauce?? Sound great.[p]Beers!
    Chris

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • BobbyG
    Options
    Nature Boy,
    Great tip on the smoke. Here is the Sauce the you asked about. We got it out of Bon Appetit Magazine. This is doubled so that we would have enough for a 5lb pork loin.
    1 cup pure maple Syrup, 1 cup butter, 4 cloves Minced Garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, 8 tsp Canned Chipolte chilis in Adobo sauce (we put an 8oz can in the processor and then measure out amount). Simmer all ingreadents untill it thickens. It's really good.[p]See ya,
    BobbyG