Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last Minute Chicken

Options
ArchDeluxe
ArchDeluxe Posts: 31
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello all! This is my first post on the forum. I've been egging since father’s day (by the way, the Egg was the best father’s day gift imaginable). I've talked my Egg up so much that my parents have invited themselves over for dinner tonight and said they will drop off some chicken breast at 5:15 when I get off work and they'd take care of the sides.

Well, I've egged chicken breast a few times and just thought I'd see if anyone had any ideas as to how I should make them. Keep in mind, they will want to eat at 7:00 (7:30 at the absolute latest), so I'll be fighting the clock. I can have the egg hot and ready to go by 5:30. Thoughts?

Thanks for all the great info thus far as I check the site everyday!

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    2 hours you can have unfried chicken here is the link

http://www.wessb.com/Cooks/chick/unfried_chicken.htm

03-03-08009.jpg

HTH

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Unfried Chicken is really good!

Make sure your fire is burning clean before you start.

damn, now that's what I want to make tonight!
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    might not have these on hand but very good if you do. cut a pocket and stuff with a mixture of chopped fresh baby spinach, chopped sun dried tomatoes mixed with goat cheese. sprinkle the out side with your fav dried herbs. I do an Italian mix. grill indirect 375, 15 min each side or to temp of 180-185. let rest and serve on fresh greens or if you have time while the chix is resting grill a few heads of romaine drizzled with Italian dressing. chop and spread on a platter, slice chix and arrange on top sprinkle with grated parm.it will take 10 minutes in the store to pick these picked up and showy and good. about and hour and 15-20 from grill to plates
  • ArchDeluxe
    ArchDeluxe Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks BENTE... That looks and sounds like a winner!
    Mainegg, I'll give that one a shot next time. Thanks for the feedback everyone!
  • Boxerpapa
    Boxerpapa Posts: 989
    Options
    Believe me, it's one of my favorite ways to cook chicken on the Egg.
  • Chef in the Making
    Options
    a simple recipe is basil and garlic with olive oil
    1/4 cup olve oil, 1/2 cup of fresh basil and 3 tablespoons of garlic. I used dried basil when i don't have fresh. You can cook with skin on or off
  • SWOkla-Jerry
    SWOkla-Jerry Posts: 640
    Options
    Add some Thyme to that basil and garlic and you have a gr8t chicken meal on the egg.