Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT:Louisiana Roll Call

Options
crawdad
crawdad Posts: 115
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Seems like a lot of coonas....I mean Cajuns are egg owners. How many of you are from Louisiana? I live in Lafayette, home of crawfish, crabs, shrimp and other delectable creatures.

Comments

• JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    While not in La. proper I live 15 miles across the Ark. line, graduated La. Tech, and can shuck a bug with the best of 'em! ;)
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    I grew up in North Louisiana but now live in Texas, near Houston. But to answer your question, yes there are a number of Eggheads in and around Lafayette. A good friend and Egghead is the chef at Gator Cove Seafood Restaurant on SE Evangeline. He was the chef at Evangeline Steak and Seafood just down the road for over 20 years. You may know him. He seldom posts here anymore but he lurks from time to time. He goes by the handle, Chef Wil. Nice guy. Good cook. Stop in and say hello. Mention Spring Chicken. Better yet, mention that you are an Egghead.

There's also Frank in Houma. He posts a lot. Big LSU fan.

You're in good company around there.

Spring "Middle Of The Night Egghead" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Got some family up in Carencro, man. Family lived in Lafayette for a good stretch, and have since dispersed around the country. Who is you BGE dealer there in Lafayette?
  • El Jefe
    El Jefe Posts: 96
    Options
    Baton Rouge, here. Been egging for about 5 years and love it.
  • bayouegger
    bayouegger Posts: 287
    Options
    Covington, LA here. Been Egging for about 2 years. Looking to get either another large or XL.

What about an Eggfest down here during Mardi Gras, I am thinking a lot of people would enjoy a trip down here then. "Eggin on Da Bayou"

Steve
  • TheHulk
    TheHulk Posts: 157
    Options
    I am a neighbor across the MS River. Would definitely drive across for an Eggfest in the Big Easy.
  • Babyray
    Babyray Posts: 250
    Options
    Almost in La. Just 17 miles from La. line..100 mi. N. of NO. Love Lafayette, Houma, area.. Have been Eggin 9 years now. Wish I had started sooner.. Go to Kentwood for my Lotto tickets.

Ray
  • NOLA Doc C
    Options
    Grew up in Metairie
    Lived in New Orleans and Algiers
    I spent a lot of time as a kid in Lecompte and Crowley when we visited relatives.
    Katrina chased us to Richmond . The CA/Cajun influence lives stong in the upper south.
  • NOLA Doc C
    Options
    OOPS
    Egging for a year and a half
    Nothing better
    Gotta go check my burgers and beans

GO SAINTS, GEAUX TIGERS
  • crawdad
    Options
    We have two dealers, but mine is Busch Fireplace on Settlers Trace...right off of Kaliste Saloom. Super guy runs it and the staff there knows eggs.
  • crawdad
    Options
    I hope they sell better lotto tickets in Kentwood. The ones I buy here never win. In fact, I was hoping they'd have a prize if none of your numbers matched. Like Keno.

Glad to see all the Louisiana people and the ones nearby. There so many that I can take a month off and just freeload off ya'lls food. Maybe move in for a few weeks. Hey!! put that gun away...I was just kidding!!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    Set it up. We'll be there.

Spring "Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA
  • Big Easy Egg
    Big Easy Egg Posts: 191
    Options
    I live in Metairie but lived in NOLA for some time. Love the city and the live music scene and Jazz Fest along with the incredible dinning options. Would be interested in the Eggfest around Mardi Gras or Jazz Fest or next Wednesday :lol:

Jimmy
    Come visit NOLA
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    Egger from Houma here. Sorry for the late response - been fishing all morning and just cleaned the boat. Now I have to geaux clean a limit of speckled trout and two flounder. :)

I ran into a guy from Thibodaux who is an egger and he says there are a few other Eggers in Thibodaux. I post a few pics every once in a while on a fishing forum I belong to. One of the ladies who frequents the fishing forum just got a medium for her anniversary - said it was better than when she got a diamond. That is one smart lad - getting his bride an Egg for their anniversary. Methinks that is a win win.
  • Blazer
    Blazer Posts: 47
    Options
    Baton Rouge here... Only been eggin' for 2 weeks... Did my first high temp cook (New York strips) on the cast iron grid last night... still hope to become an Egghead some day!
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Options
    I also know of OneHazelnut around these parts also.
  • bayouegger
    bayouegger Posts: 287
    Options
    OOPS that would be me. Bayouegger, changed my handle/screen name waiting on Sister Hazel to release a decent CD...Hence Onehazelnut. Greatful Dead fans are Deadheads, Eggers are Eggheads...Sister Hazel fans are Hazelnuts...

Either way, lots of Louisiana Eggers and Eggers close enough so I think Eggin on Da Bayou should happen!

Steve