Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Not Spawn's, but still pretty good

Options
SSN686
SSN686 Posts: 3,504
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Morning All:

I do love doing brownies on the Egg so for tonight (to celebrate Kathy's niece's birthday a few days late) I did some.

Set up was platesetter feet down, pizza stone on platesetter and the pan sitting on four copper elbows to get some air space under the pan. Here it is just before coming off.
P7190012.jpg

Add some ice cream and chocolate sauce and you have a great dessert.
P7190017.jpg

Plus there is half a pan left for later for me :lol:
P7190018.jpg

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• Lawn Ranger
    Lawn Ranger Posts: 5,467
    Options
    Obviously, your Dad didn't wear obscene, pepper pants (excuse me,...scrubs). Damn sure wouldn't want him in my surgical suite,...unless it was for comic relief.

Best to you and the Missus.

Mike
  • SSN686
    Options
    Morning Mike:

My dad would never wear his pajamas in public, plus I don't think I ever saw him in anything except different shades of brown.

Sorry to hear about you having to rush back to San Antonio.

Keep your spirits up, lots of people sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    jay that looks great... i have only done brownies once and they came out great....... however i just used the instructions on the side of the box.... and spawn will not share her recepie with us....... soooooo.... will you?????????
    if you don't that's ok... but if the instructions say add one box of duncan hines that is cool also :unsure: :huh:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• SSN686
    Options
    Morning Terry:

Sorry to disappoint, but these came right out of the box also (though this was two boxes). My sister-in-law did give me a recipe for brownies that I will try soon. If it is as good as she says, then I'll share once I try them.

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    hey i am not bashing box brownies... ;) but if you find one to use let me know i only have one brownie recepie that does not say the word box or mix in it... i just have not had time to try it here it is:::

Dessert, Brownies, Minty Fudge

1 1/4 Cups Flour, All-Purpose
    1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda, Measuring Teaspoon
    1/2 Tsp. Salt, Measuring teaspoon
    1 Cup Sugar
    1/2 Cup Butter
    3 Tsps. Water, MeasuredTsp
    1 10 Oz.Pkg. Nestlé Toll House Mint-chocolate Morsels
    1 1/2 Tsp. Vanilla Extract
    3 Eggs
    1 Cup Nuts, Chopped

1 Preheat oven to 325°F. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and saalt; set aside. In medium saucepan, combine sugar, butter and water; bring just to a boil. Remove from heat. Add Nestlê Toll House mint-chocolate morsels and vanilla extract; stir until morsels are melted and mixture is smooth. Transfer to large bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.after each addition. Gradually blend in flour mixture. Stir in nuts.
    2 Spread into greased 13x9 inch baking pan.
    3 Baake at 325°F for 30-35 minutes, cool; cut into 1 1/2 inch squares.

Yield: 4 Dozen

Recipe Type
    Dessert

Recipe Source
    Source: Nestle

just let me know if you find something "outstanding"... i mean i think spawn has a very good recepie and i don't think she uses a box ;)

once again i am not bashing box but i am too lazy to eggsperiment and i am hoping you are not and will share ;)

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• PedroWuzHere
    Options
    dude,
    that just looks too good
  • PedroWuzHere
    Options
    ummmm,
    my comment was in reference to the brownies.... posted in the wrong spot :whistle: