Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Well, I was ready to take the plunge

Options
Scott
Scott Posts: 47
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Many thanks to those of you who responded to my earlier note about the good stuuff that a rookie egger needs. But how come nobody told me that all the places in Seattle that sell 'em are closed on Sunday?
I'm gonna spend the rest of the week feelin' like the ribs are almost done.....I can smell 'em now.....

Comments

• Cornfed
    Cornfed Posts: 1,324
    Options
    Scott,[p]Patience, young padawan. Excitement, adventure, smoked ribs; a Jedi craves not these things...well OK...a Jedi does crave smoked ribs...[p]No, I have not had any beer tonight...unfortunately this is my normal sober state![p]Cornfed
  • King-O-Coals
    Options
    Scott, they should be open tomorrow:) And don't think you've got to get all this stuff immediatly. It took me hours to get all my stuff. Grillin stuff is like bad habits. You'll pick them up before you know it. And the more you get,, the more you'll want.

• Tim M
    Tim M Posts: 2,410
    Options
    Scott,[p]Hey Scott, in case you wern't sure --- they open on monday morning!! Yeaaa[p]Welcome and happy Egging.[p]Tim
  • Teslamania
    Teslamania Posts: 144
    Options
    Scott,[p]And don't forget to get a dome thermometer. Pick up stuff to make your own rub or buy some at the store!

• sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Scott,[p]I can FEEL YOUR PAIN. I too went to the BGE place nearby (hour and a half away) this weekend to pickup a slide daisy (present from the better half for my birthday) and they were closed on Sunday as well. Oh well, they can ship it to me but I was all revved up, then what a downer to see the closed sign. So, I come to the forum to drown my sorrows, looking at all the great stuff cooked over the weekend brings me back. Good things come to those who wait, some day I'll have that slider daisy.[p]Troy
  • sprinter
    sprinter Posts: 1,188
    Options
    Cornfed,[p]Made me think of a Bill Cosby skit where he was asking someone why he/she drank so much. The response came back that the alcohol enhanced his personality when he drank. Cosby said "what if you're an *&^hole?"[p]Made me laugh. Cheers.[p]Troy