Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pictures from tonight\'s interesting dinner

Options
ViennaJack
ViennaJack Posts: 357
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It's been a while since I've posted but rest assured we cook on the Egg(s) EVERY night, unless we're eating something we made the night before. Tonight's dinner was different so I thought I'd take a few pics.

Cutting up redskin potatoes for steak fries:
IMG_1425.jpg

Baby carrots in EVOO and brown sugar, roasted in a dutch oven at 325 direct for about 50 minutes, stirred every 10:
[IMG_1427.jpg

Redskin wedges roasting in the other Egg, in a dutch oven at 325 direct, EVOO and Dr. BBQ Eastern Rub, roasted for about 50 minutes and stirred every 10:
IMG_1433.jpg

Carrots all done:
IMG_1439.jpg

Potatoes all done:
IMG_1438.jpg

Grilling some eggplant slices, Dizzy Dusted:
IMG_1440.jpg

The different part. Some good friends suggested that we try marinating flank steaks overnight in marinade made from one part Coca Cola, one part ketchup, and one part Italian Dressing. Here they are after 24 hours in the marinade:
IMG_1443.jpg

Grilling the steaks, 500 direct for about 10 minutes total:
IMG_1446-1.jpg

Eggplant all done:
IMG_1445-1.jpg

Flank steaks all done:
IMG_1448-1.jpg

Sliced:
IMG_1450-1.jpg

On the plate:
IMG_1451-1.jpg

Verdict:

Carrots with EVOO and brown sugar were excellent. My wife makes these all the time in the oven with her stoneware. This is the first time we've cooked these in the Egg and of course they were very good.

Eggplant - OK, but I'm not a big eggplant fan to begin with.

Steak fries are a huge favorite here, we make these all the time in the Egg. Very good tonight as well.

Flank steak with the Coke/Ketchup/Italian marinade: not quite what I expected. The flavor of the marinade by itself was good and I had high hopes for the steaks but I didn't get quite the level of flavor infusion that I was expecting after 24 hours. They definitely did not suck - there was some nice char and carmelization on the outside and they tasted fine, just not quite as "marinated" as I thought they would be.

Enjoy,

Comments