Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Veggies and Fish - Direct or Indirect?

edited 9:27PM in EggHead Forum
I became an EggHead 32 hours ago and need some help!

I want to cook some salmon on a plank tonight and also want to cook some broccoli and snap peas. Should I be using my plate setter? Should it just go directly on the grill?

Please give some advice! Thank you!
·

Comments

• stikestike Posts: 15,597
    the plank makes it indirect.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·
  • But how should I cook the broccoli and snap peas?
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    You can cook the veggies in a little foil bowl.You can also add liquid to it.I like beer :woohoo:

018-6.jpg
    ·
  • CrashCrash Posts: 32
    Snap peas will require the foil so you don't loose any between the grates. I would do them separately so they have different tastes. Whole broc is good direct. Put the stems in the center they cook more slowly.
    ·