Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

4th of July Cooks?

Options
Eggtucky
Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just curious what everyone's cook plans are for the 4th weekend...I'm doing bb ribs, wings, ribeye/shrimp kabobs, and mebbe some appetizers, abts, fatties, etc...not sure when or in what order I'll cook since I plan on playing quite a few holes of golf over the weekend also!.. :woohoo: :woohoo:

Comments

• Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Luckily, I'm not responsible for everything on the menu, as I was on Memorial Day. My contributions will be some spare ribs and some sausages. That's it! Simple cook for me. Now, I just gotta go to Sam's or Costco (depending on the errands to run today...) to grab the ribs before there aren't much to choose from.
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Options
    I have some babybacks and wings thawing out right now :woohoo: I'll have to go get something else as I plan on cooking all weekend starting today :woohoo: :woohoo: Hope everyone has a great 4th B)
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    Options
    We are going to multiple holdiay parties so dont have much time for any slow cooking which is how I love to do it.
    However, tonight I am making pizza for my little girl who loves ham on it. So I get the Boars Head from the Publix deli, chop it,and put it under the cheese.
    Tommorow morning ABT's to take to a pool party to be rewarmed on a gasser. :unsure: Nothing on Saturday.
    So Sunday will be MY day to hang around the backyard with a couple slabs of BB's on the egg.
    Come on over Doug!
  • TomM24
    TomM24 Posts: 1,366
    Options
    I know I am going to make AZRP shrimp for my parents for the first time. I made them for my step mother inlaw and she loved them. She was completely floored when I told her they were from frozen shrimp. I looked but couldn't find any good looking fresh ones and I knew the frozen bag I had were very good. Not sure about the main course yet. My mom loves fresh hams but we do them alot when there here so maybe something different. My dad doesn't eat poultry and the wifes allergic to fish so the options are reduced.
  • Smokin Tiger
    Smokin Tiger Posts: 352
    Options
    Planning to cook a couple of boston butts, ABTs, and some wings. Going grocery shopping today and that will probably get out of hand as usual and I will end up with more to cook :laugh:

Have a great 4th!

TC
  • civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    I am going to do two butts tonight and my first brisket on an egg on Sunday.
  • RebelEgg
    RebelEgg Posts: 45
    Options
    Doing six slabs of baby backs, a 7lbs butt, and as many ABT's as I can. Should be a long of egging.
  • Hitch
    Hitch Posts: 402
    Options
    2- 8 lb Butts goin on soon...

They will cook in the back yard overnight, jump in a cooler, and make the trip to Hilton Head for the week.

Sadly, we only have a gasser at the beach house. Seriously thinking about a purchase of a small, and this would solve one of my wants for the future. My Large will NEVER move from it's sacred domain.

I guess I could use the gasser to do some ABT's, but I will feel like I am just plain being unfaithful.

Hitch
  • FlaMike
    FlaMike Posts: 648
    Options
    Planning on 3 slabs of spares, followed by a couple of 500° chickens. The usual fixins.... baked beans, cole slaw, etc.
    Now I see why another egg would be a good thing. Appetizers!
  • AZRP
    AZRP Posts: 10,116
    Options
    I'm cooking for my oldest daughter's wedding rehearsal dinner. I made Clay's pulled beef last week and I'll be putting on 4 butts tonight. Tomorrow I'll do Thirdeye's beans and Hoss'sBBQ's red bliss potato salad. It will be a busy 4th. -RP
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    cinn rolls, for the start of the day then 12 pounds of Butts, ABT's, red onion Pizza and banana wellingtons for dessert :) Julie
  • Oledog
    Oledog Posts: 118
    Options
    Hitch;
    I feel your pain; at the beach house they only have a gasser and I had no motivation to use it.

Oledog
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Options
    Bourbon baby backs with Italian marinated grilled vege's follwed by strawberry shortcake. No plans other than tending the garden and a few afterbeer naps in the shade out on the patio. B)

Have a great Fourth of July.
    Clay
  • Oledog
    Oledog Posts: 118
    Options
    Sat: Scallops & wings and T-rex ribeyes on Sunday. I hope all of you have a wonderful and safe 4th.

Oledog
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Got a 9 lb butt finishing right now, will toss a couple racks of baby backs on for good measure (and since the fire is prefect). Hitting Lake Travis on the boat tommorrow morning, before things get nuts, and golf on Saturday morning. Pretty much a prefect weekend!!

Happy 4th everyone!
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Options
    Hey Clay, you've probably posted it before..but I'd like to try those bourbon baby backs...any recipe you could share?? :P
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    Options
    All American cook for me. Burgers and Dogs. A fattie, filets wrapped in bacon and some scallops.