Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Chops bone in

Options
Eggspert
Eggspert Posts: 142
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am cooking pork chops tonight. does anyone have suggestions on temp and time?

Comments

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    I like to cook mine direct at 400-425 with a little EVOO and rub until they are 145 internal.

There are a ton of different finishing sauces you can use...look in the recipe section here for a lot of different ideas.
  • porchegg
    porchegg Posts: 47
    Options
    I cook mine at 400 with a little Butt rub or Dizzy Dust on them. Cook until 145. Mouth watering!
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    Options
    I've done them as described above, and indirect for about 45 minutes at 375º. The latter were done with buttermilk and seasoned flour in a small greased pyrex pan. (I do them the same way for 30 minutes at 350º and 10 minutes at 400º in the indoor oven.)
  • Jeffersonian
    Jeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    Options
    I did these last night at a cooler temperature, but a couple of them were fairly dry. Go with the recommendation of Fidel and Porchegg:

DSC00084.jpg
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Did these at 375 indirect to 150 internal.

101_2018.jpg

This is a great finishing sauce that I just found at Sam's and it's under $5. Used it with these monster country ribs.

101_2026.jpg
    101_2030.jpg
  • RhumAndJerk
    RhumAndJerk Posts: 1,506
    Options
    Fire them up like they were steaks at 700 plus.
    Cook them for three minutes per side and then let them dwell for about six to eight minutes depending upon thickness. You can check the internal temp if you want, but do not use a polder.
    I would normally use Hickory Molasses Char Crust to coat the chops, but any Dizzy Pig or Cajun season will work well. You can even just use salt and pepper and not go wrong.

When I serve the chops, I eat it with a hot pepper jelly on the side. A product like Dat'il Berry Jam or a Chili Jam (they sell it at our Whole Foods) works well.

This is a favorite meal of mine and I plan on cooking it soon.

Hope this Helps,
    RhumAndJerk