Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2:18 AM Forum Check

Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning Eggheads and Gadabouts.

I've been away. Well not "away" away but in sort of a mindless stupor wondering around thinking what else can go wrong with this aging skin and bone facility. Yes, parts are falling off again. Now I learn that the main support structure has flaws that must be repaired. It appears that I have a condition spelled "spinal stenosis" and pronounced %#$@*(!&^#$@*! I was subjected to an open MRI to learn that bit of information. Prior to the MRI it was just my Mad Max Disease acting up again. But as it turns out Mad Max had nothing to do with this. Seems my Ma and Pa did something wrong when making me.

The new sawbones decided surgery (cut open kind) was the answer and decreed that I must first undergo a CT Myelogram, which I did 1½ light periods ago. I thought this was an easy test but I stayed up most of the dark period studying for it just in case. Well, I must have missed something in the part about how much pain I would have to endure because this was definitely one of the most painful experiences I have ever had the pleasure of not enjoying. Only I wasn't expecting pain and it made for even more suffering in spite of a smorgasbord of happy pills. Oddly, even my hearing was affected afterward. Now I'm learning that others experienced the same painful conditions, even after high doses of "Pain!!! What Pain???" medications. But the doctor wanted more data, and come Monday he should have it on his desk. From there he will determine when is a good time for the party to begin and will start inviting others to join in the celebration at the nearby surgery center. It's anyone's guess as to how long I might be laid up afterward. Could be three or four light/dark periods or the rest of my assignment on this planet. If I hear the term "Ooops" I'm sure it will be the latter. The Ranch will be run by my able-bodied and trusted staff during my lay-up.

It was only a few light/dark periods ago (7¼ to be exact) one of my visualizers required zapping by a machine designed to zap visualizers in order to reduce internal pressure caused by a condition called glaucoma. There's never an end to maintaining these pee & poops producing machines we were stuck in when we first arrived on this planet.

I understand that during my self-imposed absence my Forum Reporting duties have been performed by other agents who were willing to jump in report their findings. I deeply depreciate their efforts and if the council approves I will grant them considerable acreage on the planet Naguarifari should they wish to live in a more remote location. Or they can remain here.

Of course, there have been other activities here at the Chicken Ranch. However, most manual services were performed by my International Workforce. I also started to acquire necessary devices for the planned Coop Party, Chicken Fest, Coop Fest, or whatever we end up calling the event on October 4th. One such device allows for combining chilled ice, agave tequilana azul, lime-squeezings and grand marnier for consumption by lifeforms who volunteer to kill off a large number of their own brain cells. Other equally lethal devices will surely find their way here in time for the event.

Meanwhile, I am vertical at the insistence of the plumbing alert which sounded some time ago and was handled with my usual flair. As was the confirmation of proper operation of the refrigeration illuminator. I also got the high-wing from Rodney Dangerbird that security was intact and in fact prospering. I take that to mean that he is watching the neighboring ranch for a fee during their absence.

I want to thank those who have expressed concern about my absence and to those who patiently explained my disappearance. Having read many of the reports by fellow Eggheads I can easily tell that the invasion is still underway and plans for takeover are being followed to the letter.

Finally, a roll check of the active dark period crew indicates there are 15 Members and 134 Guests happily going about doing nothing. Good enough for me. I'm returning to the recharging station.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Why Is Everybody Always Cut'n On Me" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• Warthog
    Warthog Posts: 84
    Spring Chicken,
    Sorry to hear about your recent bouts with the cutters. Here is hoping everything works out in your favor. Take care

Warthog
  • Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Get some sleep, Sir Chicken. You need to be ready for your "Oct 4th Spring Fling". Call me if you need anything.
  • Scooby
    Scooby Posts: 23
    SC, glad you are back, really enjoy the forum check. Hope all goes well, and you get some really good pain what pain pills. God Bless...-Scooby
  • kolbdriver
    kolbdriver Posts: 403
    Leroy, We are saying a pray for your successful outcome from the team yeilding the knife. You have to be well by Oct. cus I got a token I plan to redeam..

God speed

P5120002.jpg
  • "Sparky"
    "Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I wish you a speedy recovery.Get well soon,goodnight Leroy ;)
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Hi SC,

Glad to hear from you again...get well soon, and I hope that it remains as painless an experience for you and Mrs. Hen. Hopefully you can be back at the helm of the Chicken Ranch soon and be enjoying some of the goodies which are cooked up right on them.
  • Mike in Abita
    Mike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    Here's hoping for a speedy recovery. Good luck.
  • Gosh Sir, am I glad you are back! I want you to know I've secured Outpost Massachusetts and Rhode Island. There seems to be a few of these Eggheads around here - a lot more than we could have expected!

They're having an EggFest in a place called New Hampshire next week and I'm going undercover to see what I can find out. I'll be cooking chili form our own planet using bovine flesh only. Not quite the same as home but, it will suffice. I hope the spices I'm using aren't too much for the local population.

I plan to send you some more information soon Sir!

Please recover quickly our agent network is a little shaky when you are out of commission. Sir!