Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

tail gate rib re-heat

Options
dougemsmacks
dougemsmacks Posts: 152
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
fathers day I made ribs pork tenderloin and burgers. My dad wanted everything but the ribs go figure? ribs were doe for 4.5 hours wrapped in tin and placed in a cooler about 3 hours waiting to be heated. Put them in the fridge and today I re- heat em, 325 in foil then i sauce them for 20 min.. dry as CARDBOARD when done. The question is there are a fwew concerts coming up and I always tailgate, I would like ribs on this one so i think 3.5 - 4.0 on the grill wrap and refrigerate. Concert day put them on low heat in foil after they are warmed up sauce and serve (not on the egg but one of those other brands made of steel), IS THIS A GOOD GAME PLAN or am I ruining another batch? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Comments

• Big'un
    Big'un Posts: 5,909
    Options
    Id cut the ribs into smaller sections and then add some apple juice and vacpack 'em(dbl sealed). I would boil water at the tail gate and drop them in to warm up. They will taste like you just about pulled them from the egg. Juicy! HTH.

BTW, you can pour the water out when you are done, or use it to clean up before the event, make coffee. Win-Win.