Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

It's Copper River salmon for tonight!

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,869
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Our sole local fish monger finally got their annual shipment of these beautiful Copper River Salmon. Look at the rich deep red color! Granted at $22.95 a pound for King that's pricey, but hey it's worth to this land lubber!
IMG_2389.jpg

No rubs to mask it. Doing a slow smoke with alder with just fresh lemon slices and some dill so as to let the richness of the meat shine by itself. Will be serving along with an acorn squash with butter and maple syrup.
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Warthog
    Warthog Posts: 84
    Just returned from Anchorage last week with 35 lbs of this. Not sure if it was copper river or not, but it sure tasted good. No time for pics. I did one rubbed with butter, then brown sugar and wrapped in foil. Very tasty! Couldn't pass it up at $6.99/lb., fileted, vacuum sealed and put on ice for the ride home.

Good luck with it.

Warthog
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    That is a beautiful piece of fish. I would love to have it to throw on my egg.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    RRP that is a beautiful piece of fish dude!!...I'm guessing it's gonna taste as good as it looks based on how you are prepping it...
  • BamaFan
    BamaFan Posts: 658
    That is a piece of salmon to die for. Best looking fillet I have ever seen. Let us know how it turns out.
  • pplkook
    pplkook Posts: 54
    I am pretty sure it isn't a King (Chinook) - too small. It looks to be the perfect size to be a Sockeye or (Red).

Copper River is some of the best wild salmon you can get. You got yourself a mighty fine fillet there.

The flesh of the farm raised crap barely gets pink and they have th DYE the food to get it that way. If you can, pay more and buy Wild.

How was it btw?

-pplkook