Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Table Hardware (doors, drawers ect)

Options
SteveinTN
SteveinTN Posts: 232
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
i am going t build a 6-7 foot long counter / work space for my large egg. i pan to add a sink and have cabnets and drawers. i want it to have a look like a kitchen counter with an open section for the egg to rest.

Any suggestions on ecconomical hardware - doors, drawers

I have seen some stainless ones that are big bucks. any ideas on a lower cost option.

Comments

• Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    I went to a used restaurant supply for this. It was about 700 bucks

steve008.jpg
    steve007-1.jpg

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Trailblazer1229
    Options
    I just built a table for my Egg based a little on the plans on the website and also looking at some of the after market Egg tables. I added a few features, routed the corners and it looks great. All for about $200. I used 1x4x10 and 1x6x8 cedar. Cedar is actually very cheap if you get it from a lumber yard, but you will have to order it. They don't have it in stock a lot of times because it gets damaged easily. I broke down and got it from Lowes and paid about 3xs as much. Anyway, you can get some cedar boards and make some nice cabinets out of them if you have some skills. It will last outside. The other option is redwood but it is super expensive. I hit the whole thing with some Thompson's water seal. I was lazy and found some in a spray can. It looks great. Good luck with the table. If you are thinking about a sink, wood cabinets with tile countertop could be an inexpensive and good looking way to go. B)