Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woo2

Options
CaptainChili
CaptainChili Posts: 13
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I have a meduim egg and a platesetter. I have been considering a Woo2 that will allow me to cook direct with the grill at the felt level. Are there any users out there with experience with the Woo2 for the medium? If so, would like to know what your experience has been using it. Thanks

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    The Woo2 as well as the the others are worth the money for every size egg.
    Just buy it, you will like it...
    Don't forget the Spider.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • CaptainChili
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback. I am not sure the spider will work with the medium egg, maybe you have some experience with that. On the eggcessories site they make a point of saying that due to space limitations they do not have all the accessories for the medium egg. Thanks
  • dougemsmacks
    dougemsmacks Posts: 152
    Options
    just received the adjustable rig last week, as with the woo2 we are higher in the dome and you will enjoy it . small learning curve though, I burnt my first batch of chicken (only on the outside it was very juicy on the inside). It's a worthwhile investment good luck ;)
  • James MB
    James MB Posts: 359
    Options
    I have the woo2 for my medium and I like it a lot, though I am new to the egg myself

I find it brilliant for spatchcock chicken, though sometimes I do that with the grid on an upturned platesetter with a drip pan. The Woo2 easier to handle when hot so I have cooked the chick on the Woo2 then removed it for the last five or ten minutes to crisp up while leaving the vent settings untouched. Love it!

I also use it for sausages (links) so as to have a hot fire with some hickory or such smoke but remain a direct cook. It comes with (removable) cross bars to add a drip pan, but a platesetter is probably better for that once you go indirect otherwise the drip pan gets too hot.

Perhaps I'm no good at grilling stuff but I prefer the larger coals to grate distance it offers, I wish I could increase the coal/grate distance on my Weber kettle. (Perhaps it'll just retire slowly).

If you get one you'll find it has been well designed for versatility - even down to the placing of the lower crossbars - and excellently made.

For the record I have a few accessories beyond the platesetter - the Woo2, a third hand and a bent poker for the coals all of which are excellent. I also have some tongs, a thermapen and a drip pan. The next on my list is to try playing with a pizza stone
  • CaptainChili
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I think at this point I have decided to purchase the Woo2. I would also like to have a little more distance from the coals to the grill on a direct cook. I will have to use the platesetter tonight for my first spatchcocked chicken. I figure it will only get better with the Woo2. thanks to everyone for their input. Captain Chili
  • FrankC
    FrankC Posts: 416
    Options
    I bought a Woo2 for both my large and medium. I'm still really new to using the egg, but instead of buying the platesetters, I use a pizza stone and drip pan at the firering level, then my food on the raised grid. I works great for indirects and low and slow. I'm really happy with both of them.