Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

New-Egger - Prove It!

Options
AusinEgger
AusinEgger Posts: 2
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hello all,
I picked up my first BGE last night and was anxious to check it out. I have been grilling for...well longer than i care to say...and I thought I would throw one of the toughest challenges at the BGE as far a moisture retention - skinless BBQ chicken breast.

I marinated the breasts in a chardonay & garlic blend for about 2 hours
Patted dry
Dusted well with home blend of ground dry chilies, pepper, salt, cumin, garlic, and tad sugar
Cooked for about 30 min at around 375 (a bit hot...will take me a bit of time to get the hang of the BGE)

Brushed lightly with Jardines Chicken & Ribs BBQ sauce (Jardines is wonderful brand) just before removing.

Results: The family and I were thrilled with the results! Incredibly moist chicken even at the temp i cooked it. I'm sold.

Up Next: I think I'll try pizza for lunch. And next weekend, as any Texas residence worth his salt...my secret recipe tried and true brisket!

By the way - I still love my Hasty-Bake Gourmet. Armed with these two fine pieces of machinary I should be able to Keep Austin Smokin!

Comments

• fieroguy
    fieroguy Posts: 777
    Options
    You will soon be using you Hasty-Bake Gourmet as a place to store your Eggcessories. Have fun with your new Egg.

Mike T.
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    well congrats on your first egg!!

just a couple things i tell all the New eggers.. try to keep your egg below 500 for the first 8-10 cooks.. it will help your gasket to "cure"(the glue will seep further into the egg and make it last longer)

other than that check out naked whiz

http://www.nakedwhiz.com/nwindex.htm

alot of good info there...

also we like pictures just telling us about it with out the visual is cruel :whistle:

welcome

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Braddog
    Braddog Posts: 212
    Options
    Congrats & welcome to the club!

Cheers,
    Braddog
  • Wonderful Wino
    Options
    30 minutes at 375 degrees sounds way too long for chicken breasts. Invest in an instant-read thermometer and take the breasts off @ 158-160 degrees. I cook breasts a couples of times a week and I've found if even out the breast (pound very little), cook first side at 450 degrees for 4 minutes, turn over and cook for 1 1/2 minutes then close both top and bottom drafts for about 3 minutes or 158-160 degrees. Always comes out moist and juicy!