Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Just too hot

JWhirlwindJWhirlwind Posts: 32
edited 12:15AM in EggHead Forum

My wife has some big pieces of chicken out of the freezer and ask if I wanted to Egg it. Well, I think I will have to pass today, just too hot. I might just open the top and lay the chicken on the grate. Probably want need any lump.

MC Jerry
·

Comments

• GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    It IS hot! I put a brisket on at 6:30 this morning, and doing cedar planked mashed potatoes to go with later this evening. Good food that we'll eat in A/C for sure.
    ·
  • StanleyStanley Posts: 623
    Having a heat wave here, too. Supposed to get all the way to 68!
    ·
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,168
    Whatever dude.

Got to 96 here yesterday and I cooked lunch and dinner on the eggs.

Record highs here today too, already 95 at noon, and I am doing lunch and dinner again on the eggs. Brats for lunch and hanger steaks, corn and taters for dinner.

Never too hot to enjoy cooking and eating great food in my book!
    ·
  • "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    I'm with Fidel on this. :woohoo: It's never to hot to do some eggin B)
    ·
    Hey - you guys are cool on the west side of the lake. It's hot over here!

When we gonna get together and burn something?
    ·
    Yea,I was just about to go get my jacket :lol:
    ·
  • JWhirlwindJWhirlwind Posts: 32
    Believe me, I have cooked many times in the heat. I work outside constructing bridges everyday. I guess I am just enjoying the cool inside my house before going back outside tomorrow. Central SC is always hot in the summer.

MC Jerry
    ·
  • GandolfGandolf Posts: 878
    We lived in Irmo for about three years in the early 80's. Loved it there, but it does get hot and humid. Still have good friends there (Lake Murray)and visit several times a year. We're in Northern Virginia now, and it gets hot and humid here too! Heat index today expected to be about 115. Therapen reading might go down when I check brisket later :)
    ·
    Hey Fidel,we got a few eggers coming over next Saturday.There is always room for one more :woohoo: If you can make it on such short notice,i'll send you an ivite later today.Try not to melt out there on the east side :laugh:
    ·
    That is Father's Day weekend, so I believe our plans are to spend it at the outlaws over in SC, where I hear it is much too hot to be eggin'. :woohoo:
    ·
    :lol: :laugh: Alright then,maybe next time :(
    ·
  • The Naked WhizThe Naked Whiz Posts: 7,780
    It's hotter than the holy hinges of hades here. Supposed to hit 102 in FREAKIN' JUNE! I did a charcoal review this morning trying to get the hard work done before it got too hot. I didn't make it. It got too hot. I thought I was gonna sweat a river. I managed to finish, but no way I'm going out there again. I'm such a woos.....
    The Naked Whiz
    ·
  • That's cruel! Been to Oregon twice and we'll be back - nice.
    ·
  • Morro Bay RichMorro Bay Rich Posts: 2,227
    I'd mention the temp here but the "6" on my keyboard is stuck. Maybe it is the low humidity.
    ·
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Hehe..Jerry, you can be my guest at the next TX Eggfest. It was a month ago, and it was really hot then. Just lit the LBGE for some dinner later, and it is hot down here in TX! But never too hot to cook :)
    ·
  • Never SummerNever Summer Posts: 162
    You guys should come to the Colorado mountains - I walked my dogs in the snow this morning. :pinch:

It did get up to 50 today - but that feels really cold in June!

Patty
    ·
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 2,366
    To hot?  Today was perfect.  Tomorrow might be to cold though.
    I didn't do it and if I did I am sorry I didn't know it was wrong!

XL and a stray Medium who followed me home
    ·
  • Fireman_JoeFireman_Joe Posts: 296
    Whirlwind, why are you editing your post from almost 7 years ago ?
    Key Largo,Florida  
    2-LBGE, High Que grates, Kick Ash Baskets, SmokeWear Caps, Adjustable Rig, Woo, Stoker II, Amaz-n-smoker, Thermapen, Rockwood charcoal
    Mini Max, No accessories yet !

Gambrills,Maryland
    2-LBGE, same accessories as in Florida
    ·
  • NPHuskerFLNPHuskerFL Posts: 11,196
    Whirlwind, why are you editing your post from almost 7 years ago ?
    He didn't. It was edited Nov 1 2008
    Why it was resurrected I don't get @Ozzie_Isaac :i_dunno: 

LBGE 2012, Mini MAX 2014, SS Table and Stoker
    Die Hard HUSKER & BRONCO FAN
    Middleburg, FL
    ·
  • JWhirlwindJWhirlwind Posts: 32
    I guess I don't know exactly how to use the forum. Sorry
    ·