Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

HELP

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
My wife is at the store as we speak and she is awaiting a phone call from me regarding dinner tonight, I need an idea for something new that does not involve brisket, pork, ribs, chicken or steak (love'm all, but looking for something different), any ideas?

Comments

• Smokin-AJ's
    Options
    what about a salmon filet glazed with honey and ginger
  • Billy Grill Eggster
    Options
    Zippylip,

Leg of lamb is great! Lots of garlic and mint leaves.
    Billy
    Wilson, NC
    Large BGE - WiFi Stoker - Thermapen - 250 Cookbooks

• Smokin-AJ's
    Options
    or a a bacon wrapped beef tenderloin or grilled lamb chops
  • BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    Options
    this looks like something i have done on the egg::::::

Pasta, Shells, Stuffed

MollyShark,i'll give you two ways to do them

1 buy the large boxed shells at the grocery . .. cook them al dente (sp?) . ..in a bowl, mix a pint of riccotta cheese, about 16oz of grated mozzerella cheese, a good grating of parmesan reggiano, a couple of eggs, salt and pepper to taste. .. mix it all up, and stuff it in the cooked shells (you can do this with a narrow spoon, but a pastry bag works great). ...in a baking dish, line the dish with some of your favorite red sauce (marinara, vodka sauce, meat sauce, itc). ...lay the stuffed shells in the baking dish, cover with more sauce and a grating of parmesan. .. bake at 350 for about 45 minutes to an hour. ...good stuff. ..
    2 now, if you don't feel like going to all that work yourself ...go to costco and buy a bag of their frozen stuffed shells. .. then stick em in the baking dish with red sauce as stated above and bake according to the bag's direction. ... i swear, they taste every bit as good as the ones you make your self, with a whole lot less work (and in the long run less expensive than buying all the ingredients)

Recipe Type
    Appetizer, Pasta

Recipe Source
    Source: BGE Forum, Mad Max Beyond Eggdome, 11/28/06

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Unknown
    Options
    How 'bout a turkey breast???
  • Pdub
    Pdub Posts: 234
    Options
    How about frozen chicken fingers and tater tots. WE just did some yesterday, the ones from bell and evens and they were really good.