Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Andouille Pepper Shrimp n Bacon Scallops

EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
edited 2:34AM in EggHead Forum
This was a creation thought up while driving down the road after a customer golf outing today..used fresh andouille, tiger shrimp, fresh scallops, garlic, habanero, poblano, green and red peppers and vidalia onion...dusted the andouille in DP red eye express, grilled it.. bias cut it. While that cooled cooked bacon wrapped scallops marinated in a maple syrup/lemon juice marinade and DP Raging River, marinated the tiger shrimp for several hours in a cajun mix marinade...after cooking the andouille, sauteeing the peppers and skewering the shrimp.. combined peppers, andouille and shrimp in same CI skillet...served the whole thing over saffrom rice with grilled apsaragus..was quite a process..but I LOVE process cooks! :woohoo:

Fridge is ready
SausageShrimpnScallops001.jpg
SausageShrimpnScallops003.jpg
SausageShrimpnScallops005.jpg
SausageShrimpnScallops009.jpg
SausageShrimpnScallops008.jpg
SausageShrimpnScallops011.jpg
SausageShrimpnScallops015.jpg

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,665
    Eggtucky,

Ya got all my basic food groups in there. It's a damn shame I can't get andouille here.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• "Sparky""Sparky" Posts: 6,024
    Hey Eggtucky,all looks great,except you're almost out of beer :pinch: :woohoo: B)
  • EggtuckyEggtucky Posts: 2,746
    doug-123 wrote:
    Hey Eggtucky,all looks great,except you're almost out of beer :pinch: :woohoo: B)

haha..yeah..I'm kinda worried bout that...I got ribs and pulled beef to do tomorrow..and that's AFTER breakfast..so may have to make a beer run bout lunch time! :blink: ;) :woohoo: :woohoo:
    Dude..if my butcher dropped andouille, I'd have to drop my butcher!...oh..and those scallops.. took THREE of them to make 1/2 lb!!!..they were AWESOME!! :woohoo: :P :woohoo:
  • Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 28,665
    Oh man I love the stuff. I smuggle it back when I'm in the South. Had about four tries at making it but have not been able to get the meat to fat ratio right. I have the spice down. My boudin has turned out good.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• BamaFanBamaFan Posts: 658
    I am truely amazed. I strive to be the cook you are. My hats off to you !
    I think I could eat andouille 7 days a week...love boudin too..but cant get that fresh even here in KY...I LOOK for things to use andouille in though...awesome sausage! ;)
    haha..Thank You Sir...but I'm just a hack with a couple eggs and a big appetite..the real cooks on here put me to shame..but for me.. if it looks good...smells good..tastes good..has a lil thought n love invested in it...it IS good!...I didn mention that I smoked the scallops in cherry and the andouille/peppers/shrimp in pecan .. I love the smell of smoldering wood w/cold beerz!! :woohoo: :woohoo:
  • BamaFanBamaFan Posts: 658
    Your response is Eggaxtly why I made my post. Put some heart in your day. It is rewarded time over time !
  • Big'unBig'un Posts: 5,909
    Looks awesome! We do something similar, but we add undercooked rice to absorb the extra juices at the end. I need to try it your way. Great job! Gorgeous cook!
  • Mike in AbitaMike in Abita Posts: 3,302
    That's a meal fit for a cajun. Good lookin eats.

UMM I think you might need more beer. :woohoo:
  • FidelFidel Posts: 10,172
    Dang man, that's a lot of flavor!
  • JLOCKHART29JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    All right. Changed my plans for the trip this summer. Looks like Kentucky blue grass for me. Just let me pitch our tent in the yard and I'll bring the andouille!! ;) That next to last pic has me hungry and I just ate. EXCELLANT COOK!!!
    I am humbled by ALL your comments...thank you :)
  • JeffersonianJeffersonian Posts: 4,244
    What a great-looking cook, ET. I hope your diners expressed proper appreciation for this beautiful dish.
  • Beanie-BeanBeanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    That feast looks like it was a pretty good meal for you guys--and with ample lemonade in the fridge to was everything down, too!
  • bigarmsbigarms Posts: 136
    Good looking meal....can't go wrong with those combos
  • AlwaysGolfAlwaysGolf Posts: 704
    I need to come golf with you if I get a meal like that afterwards. Nice looking cook.
    Why..of course AG...come play 18..and we eat like this EVERYDAY around here! :whistle: ;) B) B)
  • bigarmsbigarms Posts: 136
    Hey great idea for an Eggfest......golf and grill scramble.
  • TomM24TomM24 Posts: 1,364
    Wow that is one good looking cook and your placemats look very familiar.
    haha..yeah..wiffie picked those up at Target or somewhere for our table on the porch..why you got same??