Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

WMK, its there then it\'s not, big then small

Grandpas Grub
Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
edited November -1 in Forum Feedback
I am guessing the following is intentional, nevertheless in case you are not aware…

Over the last 5 or 6 days the font size box has disappeared then reappeared and so forth from either forum topic page(s).

My settings have been 150% using Veranda and last time I looked those settings were still the same.

However, when viewing the posts Arial 7.5 is what is displaying & the font change box is again gone.

There has been no changes done from this end - I am using clasic narrow view.

Kent

Comments

• Grandpas Grub
    Follow up...

Still not size boxes available.

Index page the font seems fine, when clicking into a post the font today is going to Arial 7 pt.

I am using IE7 and not resizing any views in IE.

Further followup just after posting the above.

...Edit...

I just went back over the the Egghead Fourm, font box is now showing and when I click into read a post it is the larger font.

Editing this post and reading posts here are still 7pt.

Guessing you are working on the site.

Kent
  • Grandpas Grub
    Font change box gone and the font size is again down to 7 px Arial.

Kent
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Grandpas Grub,

Are you using greeneggers.net or eggheadforum.com. I'm not aware of any changes to the font controls in the past few days on eggheadforum; and, the new template uses a different method to control the font size and face. So, it matters which one you are using. We changed the method to make it more available (i.e. on all pages instead of a select few).
  • Grandpas Grub
    Hello,

'.com' always.

Also, when posting or responding I am getting 7 pt.

Kent
  • Bacchus
    Bacchus Posts: 6,019
    mine does the same thing....
  • citychicken
    citychicken Posts: 484
    i am also having the same challenge in firefox 2 at the eggheadforum.com site.

i can change the font size for the main forum page. however, when i open any post / thread the font size is as grandpa states. lasix helps, so not too big of an issue for me. just thought you may want to know. of course if you have any thoughts on correcting this, please pass them my way.
  • WMK
    WMK Posts: 1,747
    Grandpas Grub,

The font size you select for the index should also be used for viewing a message on .com; however, I'll look and see if I can put it back up under the soldier where it was. There are multiple "templates" on .com (which we used initially to support "wide" view), but the new template provides support for all views and the font size controls too in just one template. Hopefully, this will simply things. We are nearly ready to deploy it -- just a few more, mostly minor, issues to resolve first.

The posting form has always been too small in "wide" view. That's one of the many reasons why we decided to do a new template -- it is plenty readable on the new template.
  • Grandpas Grub
    On the .com side using clasic narrow IE7

I keep having the same problems as above. The only place I can find the font change box is on the home page left side above Who's Online (not by soldier).

Change, most of the time will affect the index page but not when replying or posting a new topic.

I can't believe more people are not talkig about this. So, I decided to clean out all history, temp files and cookies.

No difference than before the clean.

It would seem myself, Bacchus and citychicken are having simular if not the same problem.

7pt for me is too small.

It sure woud be nice to have the font change box on each page and that it wold work inside the post...

Thanks, Kent