Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Just bought a Large and Small. Need help?...

Options
AWLinBHM
AWLinBHM Posts: 1
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
These came unassembled. Are they difficult to put together? Also, I am remote. Before I begin, what tools should I take with me to assemble? Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    go to the bge site

customer service getting help option

edit

they have video that explains everything also watch the dvd and read all the stuff that came with the egg and my apologies for not saying welcome aboard first. you are obviously smarter than many of us as you bought 2 eggs to start. good move.
    bill
  • East Cobb Eggy
    East Cobb Eggy Posts: 1,162
    Options
    Welcome to the club!!!

I believe that the instructions have detail on what tools are needed.

I just recently put together my small and all I needed was a phillips head and a socket set.

An extra set of hands would help as well. :cheer:

Greg
  • Knauf
    Knauf Posts: 337
    Options
    I concur on the 2nd set of hands. I put together my large and needed help due to weight.
  • milesofsmiles
    milesofsmiles Posts: 1,377
    Options
    Here you go...7/16 th. socket and ratchet. Open end box end 7/16 th. 1/2 and 9/16 th. and a phillips head screw em up driver. That'sostly it. Miles out
  • Pdub
    Pdub Posts: 234
    Options
    I put my large togeather in about an hour, it was not to difficult. Getting the top to snuggly on the bottom takes a little fussing with. Good luck and congratulations on the purchase. The large and the small makes a great combo. Reading the Naked whiz's ceramic FAQ gave me a great boost up the learning curve.
    Pdub
  • AuburnTiger
    AuburnTiger Posts: 38
    Options
    Just forget about it, you will never be able to assemble either :-)

dob

PS: Seriously though, im sure you will need a little help tomorrow setting your temp for the pork butts, give me a call if you want the help. Congrats again brother.
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Options
    congratulations!!!!
    Just watch the video & not to many adult bevs! :laugh:
    Welcome.
  • civil eggineer
    civil eggineer Posts: 1,547
    Options
    Don't do any high temp cooks for awhile to save on gaskets.