Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Kona Tim

Options
Bama Fire
Bama Fire Posts: 267
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Well? Did it arrive yesterday??? What did you cook?[p]Bama Fire

Comments

• Kona Tim
    Kona Tim Posts: 35
    Options
    Bama Fire,
    Did it ever!!! Closed a tad early so I could get home and set it up. Stopped and picked up some chicken wings for the first go-round. After dredging the wings --all according the the hot wings bit on the recipe page--let them set while Tim Jr and I tightened up all the bolts. Lit her up and about an hour later we were eating some of the best hot wings we have ever had. Thanks, Gerry, to you and all the others who have answered my questions and I am sure there will be more! This is bbq at its best![p]Tim

• Bama Fire
    Options
    kona tim,
    Congrats! I've got some wings soaking in pepper, cayenne, kosher salt, onion and garlic powder, and buttermilk right now. They'll hit the EGG in a few hours. I'm ready for the first beer and it's only 2 o'clock![p]Are you gonna prepare another EGG feast this evening?[p]I'm glad you're enjoying your new EGG. Shout if you need any help -- I've gotten many answers here.[p]B~F

• Kona Tim
    Kona Tim Posts: 35
    Options
    Bama Fire,----was going to give it a rest tonight and go meat shopping----but maybe not----can't wait to try ribs, pork butt, chile, you name it----! By the way---the mesquite lump over here works just fine and can't believe how little is acturally consumed----[p]Tim

• Bama Fire
    Options
    kona tim,
    It don't take much! did you check how little ash was produced in the bottom? That part still amazes me.[p]Aloha.[p]B~F

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    Options
    kona tim,
    My first really long cook was over 20 hours. I pulled of the brisket the day after starting it, closed down the egg, and went to the party. Two days later, I grabbed the bag of lump, and went to fill the firebox for the days cook.[p]Amazingly, over half of the lump in the firebox was still unburnt! Stirred it around, fired it up, and went about my bizness.[p]Glad your wings worked out. Great luck with your future Qing endeavors.[p]NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ
  • King-O-Coals
    Options
    Bama Fire, that buttermilk earned you an "A". If you had mentioned cajun, creole, zydeco, etc., I would have had to make that "A+". But I'll bet my sneakers you won't throw yours out. You did include all my favorite food groups. Good luck.