Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2 Pizza stones at the same time.

Keithww
Keithww Posts: 62
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Any body have a rig that allows them to use two pizza stones at the same time? I would like to be able to cook 2 pizzas at once so I could handle a little larger group. Anyone have a rig or set up that they can share I have a Large BGE and think it will be a while before I convince the wife to let me get a second one.

Thanks

Comments

• BENTE
    BENTE Posts: 8,337
    you could proabably do it (i would'nt) with THIS

reason i would not is because of the uneven heat cirrculation

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    did this couple weeks ago for Spring Hen.....apparently Spring Chicken is a Digiorno pizza guru. Round pizza was self rising dough. Square was typical wheat based dough. 400ish degrees, no stones though. Just slid out grids and rotated to change pizza positions. Next time little higher on temp. The oval grids are 13 inches wide.

pizza2.jpg
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Jersey Doug
    Jersey Doug Posts: 460
    I've done it with two stones in the kitchen oven. It should work on the egg if your stones are small enough to allow good air circulation around the sides. The biggest problem I had was getting the pizza onto and off the lower stone. I misjudged the distance and slid it right off the back of the stone.

--Doug
  • Keithww
    Keithww Posts: 62
    I would bet on uneven heat and one stone taking longer than the other, I had just planed on pulling the ready pizza, moving the half done one to the hotter stone and throwing a fresh pizza on the cooler stone. Any thing that could cut 5 to 8 minutes per pizza. I would like to be able to cook 4 to 10 pizzas in a reasonable amount of time and keep the wife from wanting to fire up the ovens.
  • BENTE
    this is how i do my pizzas or rather how i did them..

03-03-08001.jpg

someone said they do them around 700 takes so little time i would think that you could do several quickly...

reason i said this is how i did them is i broke my grate extender so i will be letting tjv get an order from upstate s.c. soon

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

"Life is too short to be diplomatic. A man's friends shouldn't mind what he does or says- and those who are not his friends, well, the hell with them. They don't count."

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    even more interesting keith may want to look at that..

but i would thnk that the stones would make a diffrence

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• BENTE
    someone posted that they had done a pizza party at his house sometime last year and i wish i could figure out who it was i think he was doibng 6 inch personal pizzas for graduation party or something i will think on it more....

got to go now wife saying that we need t go eat sushi :woohoo:

happy eggin

TB

Anderson S.C.

Tyrus Raymond Cobb

• Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Is that adjustable rig with sliding grids tjv?
  • tjv
    that be it.
  • tjv
    I'm not much help on perfecting pizza. I'm to lazy and it's to easy to call pizza hut and have it in 20......kinda pitiful ain't it....LOL.
  • Eggtucky
    Eggtucky Posts: 2,746
    Man...I gotta break down and get that rig soon... :blink:
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Spring Hen must have given me the whole TJV package for my birthday but I haven't used it yet. I have to say, it's a thing of beauty. Definitely a "must have" set of accessories.

Spring "Gotta Coop Full Of Accessories And No Time To Use 'em" Chicken
    Spring Texas USA