Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipes for Venison Needed

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Could you give me tips and recipes for cooking venison on the big green egg? It is a lean meat and hard to get right.[p]A friend of ours gave us ground venison and steaks.[p]

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    VenisonHelp, ground vension is helped with a little pork or beef fat. I use cheap bacon to grind up with mine. Then cook them like you would a good hamburger. They are good. Venison steaks are great on the BGE. They are best cooked rare to medium rare. For a thickness of about a good inch, just grill at about 700 for 2/2/2. Cook it too done and it dries out even on a BGE.

• Marvin
    Marvin Posts: 515
    Options
    VenisonHelp,
    Try this website. Almost anything can be adapted to the Egg

[ul][li]Venison Recipes[/ul]
  • Steve-O
    Steve-O Posts: 302
    Options
    VenisonHelp,
    I prefer my venison burger with nothing added - it is very lean and, IMHO, needs no pork or other fat to make it taste good. Ihave always liked venison burgers cooked just like regular hambugers. Season with a little seasoning salt and garlic powder - worchestershire sause is also good on them. I cook mine about medium - others like them more done.[p]Steaks are easy to get too done because they are so lean. We like ours with a little pink inside - about medium.