Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Mini or a Small for lonely large

Options
dublin
dublin Posts: 140
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Hi All
I have a large BGE but he feels very lonely, And he can't decide if he wants a Mini or a small friend.[p]Please help.
dublin

Comments

• YB
    YB Posts: 3,861
    Options
    dublin,
    I have them both..If you are going to tailgate or travel the mini is the way to go...If it's going to stay at your house then i would get the small...Both are great cookers.
    Larry

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    Options
    dublin,
    I bought a small to keep Mr. Big company. I'd do again without the slightest hesitation (but I would wait till the spring assist hinge comes standard - I retrofit Mr. Big with the spring assist and he and I love it.)

• JJ
    JJ Posts: 951
    Options
    dublin,
    I too had to make that tough decision.

[ul][li]My choice[/ul]
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    JJ, I laughed till the tears rolled down!

Judy in San Diego
  • Judy Mayberry
    Judy Mayberry Posts: 2,015
    Options
    dublin,
    I am thinking about the same decision. What I did was make paper circles 9-1/2" and 13" in diameter. Then I visited the supermarket. I took a piece of corn over to the steak department to see how much fitted on the Mini--barely! And this is just for one serving. So the Small it will be.

Judy in San Diego
  • YB
    Options
    wardeggs.jpg
    <p />JJ,
    Jack I had the same problem that you did,and so did Spin and KennyG.
    Larry

• JJ
    Options
    YB,
    GEEZERS rule!!!!!

• YB
    Options
    JJ,
    Amen...We just got back from the lake cleaning up our boat...We were going to cook blackened red snapper tonight but i think we will just pick something up and cook the red snapper tomorrow night...Give Kathy a hug for us.
    Larry

• JJ
    Options
    YB,
    Pizza tonight with a greek salad. See ya'll soon.

• Rick
    Rick Posts: 45
    Options
    dublin,[p]A friend and I each have a large and a mini. We take the wives and meet at various places and cook out and see the sights.[p]This weekend we visited Harrisonburg Va. We brought both mini eggs. We grilled steaks, sausage, shrimp, corn and chicken wings. The mini is the best for moving "egg-ins", they pack easily, cool off quickly, and are easy to handle.[p]I heard the mini eggs were being discontinued, but that might be wrong. [p]If it's always staying at home, I'd go small but if any travel is involved, go mini![p]One other concern, they make dampers (daisy wheels) for the tops of the small, not the mini. I machined dampers for these two minis that works great but BGE does not have one for sale. If you get a mini and want a damper, let me know, I'd make another for $25.00. With the smaller eggs temp control is even more important as the food is SO close to the heat.[p]Be safe.......[p]Rick