Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

yucky nasty funky ick!!!

Options
mad max beyond eggdome
mad max beyond eggdome Posts: 8,134
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
for no particularly good reason, i haven't used my small egg in about 3 - 4 months. .. haven't even opened the dome. . . well, last night i picked up a nice flank steak for dinner, and figured i'd use my poor neglected small. . . i go and open the dome to set it up and let me tell you it was DISGUSTING. .."HOW DISGUSTING WAS IT MAX??" . ..it was so gross in there even I wasn't going to take a picture of it. .. full of mold and fungus. . i had my gratemates in there with my 9 inch bge baking dish and it was full of old greasy water and that had fur growing in it, the grid looked like it was alive it was so hairy . . . .yeeesh ... . so i took all that stuff out. ..put a full load of lump in, fired it up to 600 degrees, put the grid back in and just let it burn for a good hour until it was all nice and clean inside. .. . then i grilled the steak (i had it marinading in something different btw - a champagne vinagarette that turned out quite good).. . and after the steak came out i put all the gratemate parts in, including the bge ceramic pie dish and let it keep on burning at 600 degrees till fire burned completely out. .. .cleaned everything out nice as could be. . . for a while though there was a quite the ugly black smoke eminating from my back yard. .. was worried that the EPA might show up. .. .i promise, i won't neglect my small like that again!!

Comments