Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question on XL

Options
Pitmaster
Pitmaster Posts: 74
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Anyone with an XL out there, I would greatly appreciate your help. Can you get me a few dimensions?
1) The circumference measured about an inch below the band (you can do this by using a piece of non-stretching string, wraping around the egg and measuring the string end-to-end).

2) The circumference at the very bottom of the egg.

3) The distance vertically between these two measurements.

Thanks in advance... B)

Comments

• Wonka
    Wonka Posts: 68
    Options
    Hey Pitmaster. I have an XL and I think I know where you're going with this. Search for posts by "Frank In Houma". He built a beautiful table for an XL and has good info about making the table the right height for accomodating the fact that the lid hinge drops below table level when you open the egg. Good luck!
  • Frank from Houma
    Options
    The circumference 1" below the band is 82" and the circ at the bottom is 64-1/2". The circs are a little challenging measuring in the table, on my knees, with the feet in the way, with a 15 mph wind and the string not wanting to stay in the same place all the way around so I would say the tollerance is +0, -1/4". Man! Did I ever qualify those measurements or what? :whistle: It's 14" from the bottom of the Egg to the gasket

Also, You have mail.