Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Member Incentive Programs

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
You guys are the only people in the whole world I trust so I'm asking you.

I'm getting these "Incentive Programs" in my email and they sound tempting. This is the latest one:

http://producttestpanel.com/rbl/?lid=rbl-addrive_9102_3133&add_offerid=373&addomain=ileadsoffers.com&addomain_id=6

All I have to do is stuff I'm doing now. But I KNOW there's a catch somewhere in the very small print. Sounds too good to be true and I'm sure it is, but if I can get a free camera out of doing what I'm already doing, why not?

Any comments would be deeply depreciated.

Spring "Everything Comes At A Cost" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments

• lowercasebill
    lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
    Options
    the fine print

Eligible members can receive the incentive gift package by completing two reward offers from each of the Top, Prime and Premium reward offer page options. Various types of reward offers are available. Completion of reward offers most often requires a purchase or filing a credit application and being accepted for a financial product such as a credit card or consumer loan.

you got to buy crap [probably lots] or take out a loan or give away all your financial info to get the reward.

bill
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    and it says CAN receive not WILL

don't do it
    bill
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    Tanks...

My thoughts Eggactly! Rather go buy the %#^& camera. Besides, when my money arrives from Nigeria what do I care how much a camera costs?

Spring "Doubting Dolly" Chicken
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    I wouldn't touch that with a ten.....make that twenty foot pole. It says "Free........with Reward Offer Purchases". Does this sound right :

Eligible members can receive the incentive gift package by completing a survey and two sponsor offers from each of the Top, Prime and Premium offer page options.

Sounds like you have to complete a survey and purchase two items from their sponsors.

If all that isn't bad enough you have to give them your email addy and mailing address......and you don't even know if it's legit.......
  • Spring Chicken
    Options
    They already have my email address and home address. One of the emails offering $2,000 gift card from Lowe's came from Lowe's or someone claiming to be Lowe's.

Heck, if I was want'n to screw some innocent Egghead out of his Nestegg, I'd say it comes with free gasoline forever. Then I could blame it on those $$$$ Arabs when I didn't get what I was promised. I'm sure they would also be a little ticked that their good name* was used in a scam.

Spring "Sucker Born During One Exciting Minute In 1941" Chicken

* Arab - stretching the rubber band to see just how far it will go before it breaks...
  • Sir! Do not do it. They will make you get another credit card which, I'm sure you don't need because of your lofty position here on this planet. The same thing happened to me on a planet not too distant from ours many rotations ago. I'm still paying.

Warmer now. Found a member of the opposite sex as they say here. She is tall and has many layers of subcutaneous fat. Every so often she envelopes me inside two huge pendulous milk storage units and her very strong arms.

She is reluctant to let me go. Fortunately, she has no 'teeth' like so many other denizens of this planet. She smells rather odd too.

Sir! I believe there's an expression used on the planes Glorn, "If it sounds too good to be true it usually is." Sir!

I'm planning my escape from Madawaska as soon as this large creature goes to sleep for a recharging. Sir!
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    thanks for the laugh . well done
  • thebtls
    thebtls Posts: 2,300
    Options
    Check with the better business bureau and I think you will find tha this is more scam than offer. And remember economics 101, "there ain't no free lunch".
    Visit my blog, dedicated to my Big Green Egg Recipies at http://www.bigtsbge.blogspot.com You can also follow my posts on FaceBook under the name Keep On Eggin' or the link http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Keep-On-Eggin/198049930216241
  • mark9765
    mark9765 Posts: 122
    Options
    It is good not to even open the e-mail if you don't know the sender. Sometimes just opening the e-mail lets them know that your address is a real person. Thats when the multi-spam happens.
  • Rusty Rooster
    Rusty Rooster Posts: 1,239
    Options
    It is good to see they will not buffalo our chicken. ;) :P :whistle: