Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

2:01 AM Forum Check

Options
Spring Chicken
Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Good morning again my fellow Eggheads, Eggsperienced and In Training.

Pain sensors have been working overtime and I finally relented to the pressure to absorb a small amount of oral medication designed to eliminate either the pain or the sensors. Otherwise, dreamstate will never be achieved during this dark period. I may as well complete my report while absorption takes place.

First, the plumbing system works. Two tests in the confines of the maintenance facility within one time unit confirms functionability. There is, however, a matter of external facility plumbing leakage that is being investigated by yours truly. It would appear that a malfunctioning irrigation valve is allowing slow discharge of small amounts of liquid water in sufficient accumulative quantity to find its way into the newly installed French Drain and subsequently to the vehicular travel network. I know this to be fact after having changed the primary valve for all liquid water to the Off position and observed the discontinuance of the liquid's travel to the VTN. Now I shall Off-turn all of the individual irrigation valves and re-open the primary valve. Then I will On-turn valve number 1. If no leakage is observed I will then On-turn valve number 2 and observe. I will repeat this process until the offending valve is located and then I will take corrective action. Such challenges are common in my line of life.

I am reminded of early mission training that addressed the processing of "challenges." These "challenges," annoyances actually, can be minor or major but each remains so until addressed. Once addressed they are no longer among the accumulated annoyances and therefore no longer take up gray matter space. Logically thinking, there will likely be multiple annoyances at any given point in time, each with its own level of priority, but all will eventually need to be addressed. By delaying action on any of the annoyances they tend to have an accumulative effect and potentially overwhelming the gray matter storage capacity. When that occurs, the annoyance can and often does rise in priority or be automatically deleted only to reappear at some future date/time. It's the old, "A nut untightened remains untightened until tightened" universal theorem. In as much as the Big Green Egg Machine requires nuts in its final assembly, such nuts serve no practical purpose unless tightened.

Meanwhile, I shall move about the facility and perform the other required duties prior to returning to the charging station.

The refrigeration illumination device in the food preparation area is functional. A quick glance out the observation portal to Rodney Dangerbird's post confirms that security is indeed intact. Rodney does not apprear to be preoccupied with the Mona issue.

A check of the Forum indicates that 70/926 life forms are apparently alive and well although they may not necessarily be up and about.

My medication absorption and report complete I shall now reattach to the charging station.

Say goodnight Leroy.

Spring "Well Tightened Nut" Chicken
Spring Texas USA

Comments