Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pizza night

Options
Crüe-B-Cüe
Crüe-B-Cüe Posts: 76
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
All the pizza pictures pushed me over the edge. I didn't have a whole lot of time, so I went with the premade crusts. I made 2 pepperoni, 1 cheese and 1 chicken alfredo. They turned out great. I would have preferred to make the dough, but in a pinch, these worked great. The first two probably could have cooked a little longer. I turned up the heat a little and got the timing right by the third one. Anyway, these were my first egg'd pizzas...

pizza1.jpg

pizza2.jpg

pizza3.jpg

Comments

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Looks like a great breakfast as well.
    These food photos kill me in the morning.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Crüe-B-Cüe
    Options
    Yep. Finished off the pepperoni for breakfast. Will finish off the chicken for lunch.
  • OKCegger
    OKCegger Posts: 38
    Options
    Those look great! :P I cooked 3 about a week ago and let my temp come up on me. The third one burnt on bottom. :angry: Temp got up to about 590 and didn't check it - I went inside and got to talking.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    You sure know how to hurt a guy stuck at work with no food.
    Darian
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BamaBackdraft
    Options
    Looks good CBC! Think I'll do an alfredo pizza for lunch ;) . I'm in Mobile also. Interested in splitting a case (Freezer space problem :whistle: ) of 20 dough balls from Sam's? Checked the other day and it was @$19 a case. I've had their pizza and the crust was pretty good. Shouldn't take long to thaw out a couple of dough balls.
  • Crüe-B-Cüe
    Options
    I would love to, but I would have to clean out some freezer space also first. It is packed to the gills. Maybe we can soon. I'm over off of Hwy. 90 in the very back of Crestview. I've been wanting to find some local guys that want to get a team together for the Hog Wild competition next year.
  • BamaBackdraft
    Options
    Cool not far from you! Grenwich Subdivision across Cottagehill from Cottage Hill Baptist Church. Let me know when your ready to do the dough.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    I think its time for me to get a pizza stone. Looks great.
    Fellow rocker,
    Molly
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • nodak
    nodak Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm making pizzas tonight for the first time, and I can't figure out what kind of cheese to use on my alfredo. I'm thinking a bit of havarti?

Shall see what happens,
    Jessica