Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Hello Everyone, introduction.

Options
2»

Comments

• Wonka
    Wonka Posts: 68
    Options
    Welcome! I'll explain my choice of the XL over the Large like this: Did you ever wish you had a smaller television, a slower computer, or less horsepower in your engine??? Once you've got the room, you'll find ways to use it, trust me!
  • Rick's Tropical Delight
    Options
  • blown 87
    blown 87 Posts: 50
    Options
    Park the MB, drive that Vette. :)

RRP wrote:
    My '95 cherry vette isn't "blown" and all 14,503 miles were put on by me or my wife since we bought it new. The only way we may EVER part company with it is if we win a 2008 black on black vette that we are buying a raffle ticket for on Thursday. With only 500 tickets to be sold at $100 each I'm game since the rest of the proceeds go to St. Jude!

IMG_0427.jpg
  • blown 87
    Options
    You do have a point, :laugh:

Wonka wrote:
    Welcome! I'll explain my choice of the XL over the Large like this: Did you ever wish you had a smaller television, a slower computer, or less horsepower in your engine??? Once you've got the room, you'll find ways to use it, trust me!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,913
    Options
    LOL - Good catch! The '99 Benz which we also bought brand new is a sweet ride for us old f*rts and being a diesel and only having 41,000 miles now means it is a puppy!
  • Krusty
    Krusty Posts: 77
    Options
    I love my '95 vette also. Just getting ready to turn over 18,000 miles. Unfortunately, I don't have a real good pic of it. You can see it below my other toy in the pic, if you can see through the patio furniture.

P1010021.jpg

Up top is my '68 camaro. This was my very first car, got it when I was 15. I totaled it when I was 16. Me and my dad rebuilt it, everything from the windshield forward was replaced. It now has a 396 big block in it, but it's not originally a big block car. Oh the memories from that car during high school.......

C1010003resized.jpg

I doubt I will ever get rid of these two. Just too attached to them.
  • blown 87
    Options
    Wow, to have the car your Dad helped you rebuild AFTER your made is shorter, I can understand why you will never let it go.
    My Chevelle was a big block car, a 396, not a 454.
    I wish my dad would have liked cars, airplanes were his deal.
    The airplanes were perfect, the cars NEVER got as much as a oil change.
    He said he could just pull over. :ermm:

Krusty wrote:
    I love my '95 vette also. Just getting ready to turn over 18,000 miles. Unfortunately, I don't have a real good pic of it. You can see it below my other toy in the pic, if you can see through the patio furniture.

P1010021.jpg

Up top is my '68 camaro. This was my very first car, got it when I was 15. I totaled it when I was 16. Me and my dad rebuilt it, everything from the windshield forward was replaced. It now has a 396 big block in it, but it's not originally a big block car. Oh the memories from that car during high school.......

C1010003resized.jpg

• Roudy
    Roudy Posts: 431
    Options
    Howdy from Roudy,

As long as we're a little off topic, here's my baby affectionately know as the Beast. It is a '72 Buick Centurion with a big block 455 - 4 barrel. At about 2 1/2 tons it's not very fast from zero to 60, but can get from 30 to 80 pretty darn quick.

Everything I ever needed to know (about the BGE) I learned at this forum (not in kindergarden). Feel free to ask questions - this is a great community.

buick.jpg
  • This ain't no damned club it's a CULT!

Are you trying to scare the guy off?

Shame on you, a guy who has posted 5,621 times and you forget this is a cult. ;)
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    To the CULT.

Stay away from stike, Chubby, egret, Rick's Tropical Delight, AZRP and Socially Unacceptable and you'll be fine. They are socially inept and not much fun sometimes but they do know how to cook . . . eh. :whistle:

Enough messing with heads. Welcome. Ask questions. Post your photos and successful cooks (even some of your failures) and enjoy a rare bunch of Cultists.
  • Crüe-B-Cüe
    Options
    Krusty wrote:

P1010021.jpg

C1010003resized.jpg

That's one of the brands of lifts I sell. Where did you pick it up from?
  • blown 87
    Options
    I I appreciate the warm welcome, I will post some pictures of the first set up as soon as we get the egg.
  • Mahi-Mahi
    Mahi-Mahi Posts: 162
    Options
    I have just bought a Xl and I like the extra space. Just yesterday my wife said add a loin so we will have enough meat. So I added a loin and stacked the ribs on edge.
    What I like about the XL is you can raise the grate so you can always add more wood chips if you wanton the fire. The flip ring and alum pan I bought from egg accessories with the grate has made it so easy.
    I was T rex some New York Srips and it was so hot I could not hold my hand down for the count of one second.
    I used a longer tool and put on a leather glove to sear the steaks for 60 seconds. The steaks were only one inch. I am not sure but I think once you open up the lid the temperature get a lot hotter than when you have the lid closed with opening on the top open.

Sure you can stack food on the large and double grate but the xl is for the lazy guy like me.
  • Krusty
    Krusty Posts: 77
    Options
    Crüe-B-Cüe,

I bought if from Greg Smith Equipment here in Indy. I am very happy with it. Reasonably priced and very good quality.

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/
  • Crüe-B-Cüe
    Options
    I am familiar with them. We sell a lot of the same products. I do the website and sales for Metro Lifts

I installed lifts for 20 years, but I had find something a little easier on the back. :)