Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I'm thinking about breasts

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
C'mon, now! Turkey breasts!
You knew thats what I meant, right? ;)[p]Anyway, we've got company over tonight and I'm thinking about trying my first whole turkey breast on the egg.[p]I knew the first step in this venture would be to ask YOU about your own TB eggsperiences. C'mon, I meant TURKEY BREAST again! Sheesh, where is your mind this morning? :)[p]I've done the whole bird a few times, but never just breast. Anobody tried one of these? Got some advice for me? Times, temps? I can't stand dry poultry, so it's gotta be juicy.[p]I'm thinking a short bath in a heavy brine (since it wwont have much time in there), then maybe a light herb rub. I'll likely serve it with some more of that great parsley-cilantro-butter sauce I mentioned in a post below.[p]Lots of veggies on the side (one of our guests is a veggy-terian) maybe some roasted corn.[p]Thanks all, and happy weekend eggin',
bc

Comments

• Painter
    Painter Posts: 464
    Options
    bc, I do mine on a raised grid over drip pan on bricks at 350°to 375°. Twenty min. average till 160° internal. It will rise 5° resting for ten minutes or so. It always comes out juicy. Go light on the smoke unless everyone likes the smoke. I usually will go with just the lump and get good wood fired taste.
    Painter

• Unknown
    Options
    Painter,
    Yup, I'm definately going light on the smoke.[p]I will, however toss some chardonnay vines I've got on there. Thats typically a light enough flavor smooke for good birds.[p]Thanks for the times and temps!
    bc