Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Boneless turkey breast

Options
Unknown
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I bought two boneless turkey breast to smoke yesterday. It was a Butter Ball boneless breast I picked up at Walmart. [p]I decided to stuff one of the breast ( wish I had done both) with crab meat. I used a simple stuffing, bread crumbs, onions, bell pepper and crabmeat. The breast came in a elastic webbing so I removed it, stuffed the breast and then reinstalled the webbing around the meat. I then rubbed them with olive oil and applied a poultry season, kosher salt, garlic, and crushed pepper rub to each. Smoked them at 275 to 300 until done.[p]No leftovers.[p]KT

Comments

• Wise One
    Wise One Posts: 2,645
    Options
    KT, how was the stuffing? An issue I have heard is that at 275 or so, the stuffing does not get sufficiently cooked. Did yours seemed well cooked?

• Unknown
    Options
    Wise One,[p]Stuffing was very good. It is not like stuffing a turkey in the cavity, it was well done. I stuffed it with stuffing on the inside and outside. The outside was a bit bitter too much smoke soaked up by the breadcrumbs. When I do it again I will use less breadcrumbs and more crab meat.

• Unknown
    Options
    KT,[p]I would be berry, berry carepul using that plastic
    netting up around the temps you describe. I don't
    know what the temp rating of that stuff is, and you
    could be approaching the point where it gives off
    toxic fumes. Better to use butcher's twine or
    something similar.[p]Carepul now,[p]Sespe Pete