Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chicken thigh quickie

Options
lowercasebill
lowercasebill Posts: 5,218
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
thursday nights dinner. cut up veggies, thighs indirect at 375. what a great meal for a weeknight. and easy clean up too. in the few weeks since THE CHICKEN thread started this has become a favorite at my home. thanks to all

food001.jpg

food002.jpg

food003.jpg

Comments

• Retina scrub ugly toes ugly toes toes near food toes near food food on floor food on floor uuuukk

Chicken looks good though
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i was wondering who would notice the toes. thanks you made me smile and, as i am about to go to a funeral i really appreciate that. as far as on the floor ...stike posted about how food looks better when photographed in natural light and the outdoor furniture is still put away will rectify that situation this weekend.
    bill
  • Firetruck
    Firetruck Posts: 2,679
    Options
    Bill, I keep seeing people eggin chicken like you did and every time I say, I gotta do that. Well I'm gonna do it tonight. What did you put on the chicken, and did you put anything on the veggies?

That looks like it will be great, we just love the "barnyard pimp". :P

Oh, by the way, you need a pedicure dude. :laugh:
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    just paprika salt and pepper on the chicken,,, i asked my son 'what kind of rub or spice he wanted on the meat and warned him the flavor would drip on to the chicken. his reply "there is nothing better than plain chicken grease on veggies" i agree with him. hope you enjoy tonights cook.
    bill
  • orion11
    orion11 Posts: 140
    Options
    Ok, I am a little slow here. That looks like an awesome dinner!! About how long does it take at that temperature? I will check final temp of the chicken before pulling, just would like to guesstimate how long to get it all ready before the dinner bell? Thanks in advance and NICE pics too!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i might have posted the link, but all my pics are usually taken on a sink under a four foot fluorescent! hahaha
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    i was in a hurry thursday so that was almost an hour at 375 thights all over 180 by a bit but very moist.
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    bill, Seen your post earler today real quick at work but they had the whip out and no time to surf! :angry: Come on man, you got a "thing" about toes don't you? Even your own! Go to painting them and and your own your own!! :lol: Bird looks good but the vegs take the 1st place. I especially like the quick clean up. You know that. 12 HR days doesn't leave much time.
    The irises are blooming. Will try and take a few pics tomorrow. When will yours bloom? Got to crash earley. Wife got a 5k run in the morning and I got to get up at 2:00 to tend to all the critters.
  • lowercasebill
    Options
    my iris won't be out till june all i have are daffodils but the tulips will be out soon. as far as the toes go i have no excuse other than the wine. it is a great meal [the chicken and veggies not the toes] and easy for a week night . crash time here, too . long day.